Author Topic: I'm back!  (Read 1762 times)

Offline Guinness

I'm back!
« on: February 24, 2017, 05:07:23 PM »
Hey all!   Well, two nights ago, I set up my kit and have been wailing away ever since.  I have the blisters to prove it!  :-)  I need some parts for this *now* old DM10 pro.  I need rubber rings around the head.  Source?

I also want to get a couple more cymbals.  I guess I'll go look at Smartrigger.   I'd like some larger pads, but don't want to bother with a mesh replacement like I did long ago.  Not that it was hard, just I don't have the time to do.  My roland mesh heads are still in great shape!

How's the new stuff that's out there?  I know I have a lot of catching up to do. 

Want to not take long breaks from playing the drums?  Don't get divorced.  haha.

Online Hellfire

Re: I'm back!
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2017, 08:40:49 AM »
Welcome Guinness!

A lot has changed. Most people are gearing up for the new Strike Pro kit. The DM10 is being discontinued. If you are looking for part for your DM10 Pro kit you might have to try ebay. There's not much in our classified section for DM10 stuff these days. The rubber rings will be tough to find. You might just have to make your own with some vinyl/rubber tubing. I know some have made their own out of rubber fuel line hose.

You can try googling "rubber rim silencers" and see if anyone still makes after market rim silencers. I know a couple years back there were at least two different places that sold them.

Again welcome back into the fold!

Online AlanK

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2017, 08:56:56 AM »
I bought a couple of spare rim protectors through 682Drums. As well as cymbals, but they were the plastic/rubber ones, not your Surge type. The protectors weren't connected end to end, they were strips but the length was perfect and they do wrap around and do a fine seal end to end
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers

Offline Chaser

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2017, 10:54:10 AM »
Hey all!   Well, two nights ago, I set up my kit and have been wailing away ever since.  I have the blisters to prove it!  :-)  I need some parts for this *now* old DM10 pro.  I need rubber rings around the head.  Source?

I also want to get a couple more cymbals.  I guess I'll go look at Smartrigger.   I'd like some larger pads, but don't want to bother with a mesh replacement like I did long ago.  Not that it was hard, just I don't have the time to do.  My roland mesh heads are still in great shape!

How's the new stuff that's out there?  I know I have a lot of catching up to do. 

Want to not take long breaks from playing the drums?  Don't get divorced.  haha.

Welcome back!

Check UFO DRUMS ..they have had Rubber Rim Protectors - aka, Rim Condom's and Rim & Stick Guards...since 2006.

http://ufodrums-com.3dcartstores.com/Rim-Protectors_c_13.html

They are also on ebay..search "Rim Condoms"

Offline Guinness

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2017, 03:06:45 PM »
Thanks.  I'll check those out!

Offline Guinness

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2017, 06:06:47 PM »
Well, last week my forearm and wrist were killing me.  If you held your hand on my wrist, you could actually feel the tendon squeak inside my arm.   I let is rest and popped plenty of advil.   I played last night for the first time in awhile and it felt fine.  Today, I notice it, but not bad.  Strange. 
Maybe it was because I hadn't played in awhile.  But I didn't play for hours and hours my first time back.

Any one else experience this?

Offline Guinness

« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2017, 11:41:05 AM »
Thanks.  I'll check those out!

I found these on Amazon.  Hopefully, they work.

https://www.amazon.com/Pintech-Percussion-SILENTRIM08-Silentrim-Electronic/dp/B00VO0P39I/ref=pd_ybh_a_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=4FMKVGEJQG2FD7BSXSPC

Received them yesterday.  They work great!  Heavy Duty.  I don't think I'll need to replace these for years, if ever!