Author Topic: Crimson Mesh acquired. Let the experimentation begin!  (Read 1889 times)

Offline Failed Muso

Crimson Mesh acquired. Let the experimentation begin!
« on: October 28, 2016, 11:06:02 AM »
I picked up my Crimson Mesh kit yesterday and spent yesterday setting up and making sure it was all ok, which it was :)

This morning, I set about seeing how I could incorporate my old Yamaha DTXpress into the set up and was happy to find that all the frame posts and connectors were the same size and have now extended the frame to fully surround me. I added all the Yamaha pads and will use these as percussion or FX triggers. I've installed a TP60 as a secondary snare and also a PCY60 as a Splash. The rest I will set about assigning soon. I'm utilising both modules and running them through an Event EZbus digital mixer, along with my iPad and laptop. I'm also investigating ways of mounting my old Mattel Synsonics into the set up, for sh**s and giggles ;)

So far, it all works well although I need to dig in and adjust some of the crosstalk settings here and there. Most of all, I'm having lots of fun :)
Alesis Crimson Mesh Kit, Alesis DM10 Module, Alesis PercPad, Yamaha DTXpress Kit, Mattel Synsonics, Toontrack Superior Drummer 2

Offline AlanK

Re: Crimson Mesh acquired. Let the experimentation begin!
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2016, 12:54:16 PM »
Wow, the whole setup looks like you're sitting at the helm of a huge ship, awesome. Bonus is that amazing space you've got with windows on 3 sides, must be quite the inspiring spot to play in.. good stuff!
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers