Author Topic: Headphones  (Read 4651 times)

Re: Headphones
« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2016, 12:29:21 AM »
On stage I use Bose sport in ear headphones.  They do a great job with replicating the sound, but also don't seal the ear so you can still hear what's going on on stage, band mates, crowd etc.  That being said, I go direct to the board as does our guitar player and keys player.  The only amp on stage is the bass amp.... it's reeeeaaaalllyyy quiet up there lol.

« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2016, 08:53:46 PM »
I got the monoprice headphones with the upgraded ear pads.  I must say, they are very nice and sound great with the Alesis DM10 Studio mesh!!  They come with a skinny travel cord and a beefy long cord for home use with an adapter for 1/4" jack.  Really like how the cord plugs into the ear piece.

Offline Th3R00st3r

« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2016, 01:11:06 PM »
I got the monoprice headphones with the upgraded ear pads.  I must say, they are very nice and sound great with the Alesis DM10 Studio mesh!!  They come with a skinny travel cord and a beefy long cord for home use with an adapter for 1/4" jack.  Really like how the cord plugs into the ear piece.

Glad you like them. I figure for the price, I could go thru a few of these for the price of one of the other higher priced headphones.  Plus you could always order replacement ear pads if they wear out!
th3r00st3r-Alesis DM10 Studio w/mesh head conversion (billy blast 2ply) and snare stand.

« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2016, 01:43:46 PM »
I had long used the Audio-Technica ATH-M40's for all music purposes and still consider them good (better still would be the ATH-M50's). 

However, when I switched to a dedicated set for my Roland keyboard I settled on the Roland RH-200s and find them better suited to my tastes - warmer and with stronger bass.  I think it comes down to whether one is looking for 'flat' or something else.

For drums I just bought a dedicated set of Alesis DRP100 headphones.  They are too new to be able to say much yet other than that their sound isolation is the best among my three current pairs.

« Reply #29 on: September 27, 2016, 02:36:05 PM »
I really like superlux earphones for the money. They are basically Audio Technica and senheiser knock offs but I have a few different pairs and they all sound great to me. I have a few semi open back and even those provide minimal bleed and pretty decent isolation. I even use them on an airplane without to much to complain about.

http://theheadphonelist.com/headphone-review/superlux-hd668b/

« Reply #30 on: October 15, 2016, 11:05:52 AM »
I really like Sony studio monitors, great all-around sound and not too pricey.