Author Topic: cannot open Alesis Strike update  (Read 1270 times)

cannot open Alesis Strike update
« on: April 29, 2017, 05:02:43 PM »
If this has been addressed already, I apologize...I'm on a Mac trying to open the update for the Alesis Strike module.  It downloaded fine, but when I try to open it, I get a message saying "Alesis Strike updater quit unexpectedly" = PLEASE HELP this is extremely frustrating!

Online Hellfire

Re: cannot open Alesis Strike update
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2017, 12:36:41 PM »
If this has been addressed already, I apologize...I'm on a Mac trying to open the update for the Alesis Strike module.  It downloaded fine, but when I try to open it, I get a message saying "Alesis Strike updater quit unexpectedly" = PLEASE HELP this is extremely frustrating!

I'm sorry mikeyD but, I know of no one who has been able to get the update to work using a Mac. I have tried it on two different Macs. One older than the other and neither worked. My older Mac gave me the same message as yours. My wife's Mac ran the software but the module never got the update 100%. It would stop at 60% though her Mac stated 100%. I ended up using a PC to update the module. If you can find someone who has a PC laptop that can help you with the update. Alesis has an issue I think with the Mac version and I don't know if they plan on fixing it.

Re: cannot open Alesis Strike update
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2017, 11:22:26 PM »
thanks for the response, but I FINALLY got it working!  I was running Snow Leopard on my Mac, never updated because it always worked just fine for my needs.  When I couldnt get the Alesis update, figured I would update my mac and give it a shot.  Long story short, painstakingly updated to El Capatain, and it worked like a charm.  Loving it!  Thanks again for the response!  Happy drumming!