Author Topic: Sensitivity  (Read 1674 times)

Sensitivity
« on: April 14, 2017, 04:00:21 AM »
Hello drummers. I am using my DM10 module with the Xkit, and with a hand made by me electronic drum set. The hand made set works perfect with the pads and cymbals, but I need to change (low down) the settings of the sensitivity. On the DM5 all the kits can have different settings (Xtalk, Gain, etc). and store them. On DM10 there is not the same option. When i store the sensitivity on 15, is the same for all the kits. Is there any way to adjust the sensitivity only in one kit lower add store it?  Thank you.

Offline korakios

Re: Sensitivity
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2017, 10:44:22 AM »
I don't think the DM5 could use different trigger setup per kit. For sure it's not possible in DM10.

Workaround:
- Set the triggers as lower you can (to maintain playability) and get max values rarely when hit real hard

- Tweak the parameter Velocity to Volume for each instrument per kit. This will allow you to reduce the dynamic range and make softer hits sound louder.

- (Optional)Use the Global Sensitivity of the DM10 to allow choosing the global gain for all triggers (3 choices)
Utility->Trigger->Trigger Sensitivity (Low-Medium-High). But you will need to adjust the parameter every time you change a kit.

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2017, 12:38:52 PM »
Thanks for the answer. I also own the DM5 since 1998, and I know that you can have different settings in each kit. About he DM10 I have adjust the module perfectly playing the Alesis Xkit, but I need to use it with an other drum set because I perform in two places and I only carry the module. It works very well also with that drum set, I have no problem on the live, but i have to set the sensitivity less, just to have the best adjustment, and store the kit I use. So, thank you that you confirm that there is no way to store that parameter. I will still change it in each pad, before the live with out store. (it takes only 3 minutes anyway  :) )

Offline korakios

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2017, 05:39:32 PM »
Wait a minute. I though you were asking for configuring kits with dedicated trigger setup for each kit. The DM5 can't do it neither.
I was confused by the term 'sensitivity'. On DM10 ,beside the "Velocity to Volume" crucial parameter you can mess with the compression effect.

But you can backup the trigger setup and recall it, so if you have a laptop or other smart device with a sysex app you can recall different trigger settings ;)

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2017, 05:05:26 AM »
 :) Hello again!!
 I am Greek and my English are not so good. I will try to make it more clear. There is no problem using the module on the alesis Xkit, because I have adjust and store the parameters the better it could be. I connect my DM10 also on another electronic drumset (not Alesis), and I need to adjust some parameters better. What i want to do is : to set and store the sensitivity differently from the Xkit  in only one of the kits, (lets say kit No 110). More specifically, to set the value of sensitivity only for the toms, for example to 10 (compared to 12 on the Xkit pads), stored in the rest kits, but to have the choice to store that with out to change that value in all the toms in all the kits in the module. If this is possible every time I have to perform with alesis Xkit, or the other drumset,  I will just connect the DM10 and start play.

Offline korakios

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2017, 06:01:07 AM »
(Greetings in Greek)
Έλα ρε αλάνι, και εγώ Έλληνας , αν είσαι και Βόλο πάμε να παίξουμε κανα τζόκερ ,χαχαχα ! Πασχαλιάτικα άσε τα τύμπανα και φάε κανα κοψίδι !!!Ασχετο ,μπας και έχεις το έξτρα σετ ήχων που πωλούσαν για το DM10 παλιά ? Προσπαθώ να το ξεκλειδώσω ,αν είναι στείλε pm

Ok, for sure the DM5 never had that option (the DMpro had, edit: it had user trigger presets) but the DM10 has the ability to store/recall trigger setups. So it's the only workaround to change trigger setup for custom kits.

p.31 in the manual to send the trigger setup from dm10
To recall hold rec button while powering DM10 and send the setup.
You will need a sysex application like Bome's Sysex.

Maybe there is an option to hack the internal trigger presets the DM10 has , and replace them with custom ,ready to be loaded on the fly !
« Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 05:33:44 AM by korakios »