Author Topic: Do you think the Alesis 10x rack will hold a real drum like the ddrum hybrid set  (Read 1568 times)

Hello forum, so my new hairbrained idea is to get an Alesis command kit that has that nice sturdy metal rack that came with the Alesis 10x, and then get some Gibraltar clamps for 1.5" tubes, and then add the ddrum hybrid kit to this rack. This way I get a rack, cymbal pads, and a drum brain for a good price then I can add in the hybrid kit, and what I plan on doing is using the pads that come with the Alesis kit as extra Toms. And then adding mesh heads to the ddrum Tom's and bass drum. So I guess the main question is in your opinion do you think this rack will hold real Toms like that I'm thinking they will because the rack is basically like a Gibraltar rack but I'm not sure. And I realize I don't have enough inputs to hook up all these pads haha so I will have to get a second brain of some kind to use for the other ones. and also adding a rack extension as well. Any opinions would be appreciated guys thank you

I also wanted to add that I plan on using the metal drum expansion pack VST for now until the new Drumit 3 Module comes out.

Offline Dobly

I was hanging all sorts of stuff off my DM10X rack. It was getting that I had to tighten up the stuff so tight, i feared I would strip a thread.

So I did this.

http://www.alesisdrummer.com/index.php?topic=7446.0

I have to say this has been raging success.. the rack is rock solid now. What I like best about it however it during setup I can put the rack up and stick the metal pin in and the rack is already solid and not falling over while i get my drum key to tighten it up.

I have a DDRUM Hybrid on a Yamaha Electronic Drum rack. Holds fine. Not sure I would gig with it, but for home studio is perfect.

Hope that helps
Stu

Offline Iggford

I was hanging all sorts of stuff off my DM10X rack. It was getting that I had to tighten up the stuff so tight, i feared I would strip a thread.

So I did this.

http://www.alesisdrummer.com/index.php?topic=7446.0

I have to say this has been raging success.. the rack is rock solid now. What I like best about it however it during setup I can put the rack up and stick the metal pin in and the rack is already solid and not falling over while i get my drum key to tighten it up.

I have to say that I made this modification to my DM10 Studio rack.  I was having an awful time of it twisting to the point it would come loose.  I actually had one side come apart during practice one night because I forgot to check my clamps.  Luckily it wasn't a gig night.

I used a small bolt with a nut on the other end.  It's a more permanent fix, but I figured that was fine for me, since I transport my rack simply folded.  I am already figuring that I'll end up doing the same thing to my Strike kit when I get it next month, just for added stability.  I will probably try to find a solution that can be hand-tightened, though, in case I need to make any changes.  I did run into that issue a couple weeks ago in an effort to rearrange some pads.

--
Shawn.

Wow thanks guys for your replies this really helps! I really love these racks. I mean the other option is that I buy the ddrum she'll pack, then go out and by a drum module, all the hardware, and electronic cymbals, I mean by the time I get done buying all of that I could have just bought the $700 Alesis command kit with mesh heads. I would just use the Alesis by itself I just can't stand those crappie bass drum triggers moving all over and it would also feel good to have some real drums to give it more of a real feel. But now I'm starting to question if those ddrum red triggers that are built in to the drum kit are good enough to work with mesh heads and give great performance. Well either way I will post pics eventually to see how this goes haha. Cheers!