Author Topic: Dm10 X3  (Read 1551 times)

Dm10 X3
« on: October 03, 2017, 05:42:42 PM »
I have 3 Dm10 modules. Any drum software that will accept 3 modules?  Slate,Superior drummer 3, Battery4....?

Thanks

Offline Dobly

Re: Dm10 X3
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2017, 12:11:02 AM »
I know that you can change the midi notes that the DM10 sends. So assuming you can make you OS see all 3 of then as separate midi devices, and assuming that whatever software is running your VSTs can see all 3 DM10, I can't see why it would not work. Try it.

« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2017, 01:15:55 AM »
SD3 probably? With how complex the MIDI section is.. there's a good chance it'll just automagically recognize all 3 and try to map them, but changing notes in SD3 is insanely easy and you wont need any other programs to figure out which MIDI notes/codes/whatevers are being sent from each module. Get SD3.. it's huge, and amazing.

I got mine on eBay for $180 or so off and it came with EZDrummer 2 for free.

Online Hellfire

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2017, 10:36:32 AM »
I'm guessing you gave up on the Trigger I/O, DDti idea?

Again, this is based if your VSTi software can recognize three different midi devices. With the Trigger I/O you could just change all the midi note numbers so none of them would overlap. That would also mean all three Trigger I/O's would be on channel 10.

If you using DM10's (original DM10's, not the DM10 MK's) you will most likely need to set each DM10 module to a different channel. Reason being is a few of the DM10 inputs can not have the midi numbers changed. Which means now you need to know if your VSTi software can not only handle 3 midi devices, but 3 midi devices set to three different channels. What I'm question is can VSTi drum softwares see (and assign drums)to more than just channel 10? I don't know that answer to that but, maybe someone else will.

Offline Iggford

« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2017, 02:27:59 PM »
First of all, this is not intended to be taken as expert advice by any means.  It's just a personal experience that may help spark a possibility.

A while back, I had chained my old Roland module through my DM10 using MIDI cables.  I have an old Yamaha keyboard that has no working external speaker, so I use my Roland module to provide sounds for the keyboard.  For some strange reason, I connected the keyboard to the Roland, the Roland to the DM10, and then the DM10 to my PC.  After messing around with settings a bit, I was able to trigger from either module using the keyboard and pads connected to both.  Could something like this at least be a start to what you are trying to accomplish?

I know there are a lot of holes in my method, as I can't even remember what software I was using at the time, but it seemed to work similarly to what you are trying to do.  My exercise was just a trial-and-error one, but I though it may help a bit!

I apologize in advance if it ends up leading nowhere!

--Shawn

Online Hellfire

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2017, 09:27:16 PM »
First of all, this is not intended to be taken as expert advice by any means.  It's just a personal experience that may help spark a possibility.

A while back, I had chained my old Roland module through my DM10 using MIDI cables.  I have an old Yamaha keyboard that has no working external speaker, so I use my Roland module to provide sounds for the keyboard.  For some strange reason, I connected the keyboard to the Roland, the Roland to the DM10, and then the DM10 to my PC.  After messing around with settings a bit, I was able to trigger from either module using the keyboard and pads connected to both.  Could something like this at least be a start to what you are trying to accomplish?

I know there are a lot of holes in my method, as I can't even remember what software I was using at the time, but it seemed to work similarly to what you are trying to do.  My exercise was just a trial-and-error one, but I though it may help a bit!

I apologize in advance if it ends up leading nowhere!

--Shawn

That's a good idea!

You could daisy chain the DM10's together via standard Midi cables and then USB the last DM10 to the PC. Just be careful, there are a couple of midi notes that can not be changed on the DM10 (I think the ride, crash1 and hi-hats). Other than that it should work.