Author Topic: connecting Nitro Module to a PC for recording  (Read 1189 times)

connecting Nitro Module to a PC for recording
« on: September 24, 2017, 09:40:09 AM »
hi guys
i want to connect to a pc to record so I can upload to bandhub, do I just use a USB 2.0 High Speed Cable Lead A to B connections or do I need something specific, I already have audacity and PreSonus Studio One 3 installed to capture the output but a bit unsure of cabling
thanks in advance
LOTTL

Offline Chaser

Re: connecting Nitro Module to a PC for recording
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2017, 02:31:10 PM »
hi guys
i want to connect to a pc to record so I can upload to bandhub, do I just use a USB 2.0 High Speed Cable Lead A to B connections or do I need something specific, I already have audacity and PreSonus Studio One 3 installed to capture the output but a bit unsure of cabling
thanks in advance
LOTTL
Only MIDI is passed thru the USB cable..NO audio..If you want to record the audio output  into a PC/Laptop etc.. it will depend on whether you have a card with an audio input..and the cable(s) will depend on that..without a built in audio input, you're going to need to get hold of an external audio interface that connects to the PC ..such as a USB interface. You can then plug the Nitro audio outputs  into the audio inputs of the audio interface,then select the audio interface as your input within Audacity/Presonus.
There are many , many, many  posts here on this subject for all types of situations Laptop..PC..Mac..Airbook  etc etc....for the most part all the modules have the same 1/4" main outputs..search for "recording with..."

Re: connecting Nitro Module to a PC for recording
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2017, 10:11:28 AM »
thanks for your input  :)