Author Topic: Alesis Crimson II E-Cymbal Compatibility  (Read 2592 times)

Alesis Crimson II E-Cymbal Compatibility
« on: September 24, 2018, 04:18:51 PM »
Hello everyone,

First of all, my apologies if this has already been discussed and posted elsewhere a bajillion times. I searched high and low on google for answers, to no avail. So, here goes nothing. Less than a week ago, I scored a pretty sweet deal on a brand new Alesis Crimson II kit, to which I could not pass up. Having used and not been a fan at all of those cheap, plastic cymbals, I have decided to immediately discard them and upgrade to something that looks, feels and acts like acoustic cymbals. More specifically, the Alesis Strike cymbals or some version of Roland's V-Cymbals (e.g. Roland CY-12C V-Cymbals.) Before I ask any questions: Yes, I am fully aware that each kit's specific module is designed and programmed to work optimally with the included hardware.

So, with all that out of the way:

1. I have already confirmed Alesis Strike cymbals will work on the Crimson II module, but I've heard some complaints online of these cymbals failing, plus it's hard to find replacements. Has anyone else experienced any issues with these cymbals?

2. Can anyone confirm Roland V-Cymbals will work with the Crimson II module? If so, which cymbals have you used?

3. If any of the above are compatible, what necessary tweaking is required to minimize any possible bugs or other issues?

If any other suggestions can be offered as well, I'm all ears. I've done my homework on the ride, just need help finding some good, chokeable crash cymbals and a ride with a bell.

Thanks in advance for your help!
« Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 04:30:55 PM by willdrum4food »

Re: Alesis Crimson II E-Cymbal Compatibility
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2018, 08:19:17 AM »
Bueller...? Bueller...? Anyone...? Anyone...?

Offline AlanK

Re: Alesis Crimson II E-Cymbal Compatibility
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2018, 09:36:33 AM »
sorry I got nothing  :)
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers