Author Topic: Strike Pro module. How to import addictive drum 2 kits?  (Read 7368 times)

Strike Pro module. How to import addictive drum 2 kits?
« on: September 22, 2017, 10:15:16 PM »
Hi all,

Does anybody know how to import Addictive Drum 2 kits to the module?  I know it can be done, I just can't find any info.

Thanks

Offline rhysT

Re: Strike Pro module. How to import addictive drum 2 kits?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2017, 10:03:34 AM »
Check out this Alesis video about using the Strike Instrument Editor to automap your AD2 samples and import each instrument into the module: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RD7zj1yLVQg

Offline Chaser

« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2017, 12:41:19 PM »
Hi all,

Does anybody know how to import Addictive Drum 2 kits to the module?  I know it can be done, I just can't find any info.

Thanks

You will need to convert the ADpak to wav samples..it is recommended the sample not to be normalized.. then use the Strike editor to build/Automap instruments/kits.
There are a few ways to go about building/exporting wav samples..the oldschool/standard process is very involved..especially considering the 200MB kit limitation.
a simpler process would be to use Lustark SDSE...it is capable of exporting to wav and producing a kit in that range.

The SDSE software currently has presets with recommended settings for the 2box DrumIt Five, Roland TD-50, Pearl Mimic Pro and BeatBuddy.
I am currently working on developing/optimizing a preset specifically for the Strike module.The Strike editor software requires that hardware be present.
I purchased a used module and using in a kit with 8"-12" Mesh/Hellfire conversions..
The goal is to eventually have Lustark incorporate the preset into the SDSE software and when the module becomes available separately it will be readily available.

http://www.lustark.com/sdse
« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 01:45:19 PM by Chaser »

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2017, 02:27:03 PM »
Thanks for the replies.  I was able to bring some kits that I like from addictive drums 2.  It wasn't that painful once I got the SDSE software.

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2018, 10:38:13 AM »
I was pointed in the direction of this thread by another forum member. Has anyone got a YouTube video of the process?  I am trying to achieve the same thing with SD3

Offline ironman187

« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2018, 08:27:03 PM »
Someone ported over SD2 for the Strike kit and postted it here REDACTED
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 12:35:38 AM by ironman187 »

Offline Hellfire

« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2018, 10:01:06 PM »
Someone ported over SD2 for the Strike kit and posted it here. http://www.strikekits.com/kits/

No. That's not illegal at all.  ::)

I'm guessing the guy that runs that site is new to edrums, because if he wasn't he would know that the 2BoxDrumIt 5 forum got in trouble for doing the same thing years ago.

You can't just go into a SD2 and copy out the sounds and then distribute them without consent of Toontracks first.

I wonder how long it will take before that gets taken down...

Offline ironman187

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2018, 12:36:46 AM »

I'm guessing the guy that runs that site is new to edrums, because if he wasn't he would know that the 2BoxDrumIt 5 forum got in trouble for doing the same thing years ago.

You can't just go into a SD2 and copy out the sounds and then distribute them without consent of Toontracks first.

Dang, I had no idea. I deleted the link.

Offline Hellfire

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2018, 08:16:34 AM »

Dang, I had no idea. I deleted the link.

I wasn't worried about you posting the link. It's the guy at StrikeKits.com that is doing the questionable thing.

Please keep in mind there is nothing wrong with you copying out the SD2 sounds to use in your module. The problem happens when someone try to distribute those sounds.

It's no different then someone copying a CD and they saying "Hey, here's a download link to the new so & so album I just ripped to mp3". (does that date me?)

I think people don't see the issue with drum sounds because of how they are obtaining the sounds themselves. People are thinking, I had to "work" to get these sounds out of the program so it must not be illegal because it isn't as if I just copied the files as they are in the program itself. Unfortunately, the app they are using to "pull" the sound files is nothing more than a conversion tool. It's still using the sounds from the program, it's just changing the file type of the data.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2018, 08:19:16 AM by Hellfire »