Author Topic: DM10 Volume Knobs  (Read 1413 times)

Offline Iggford

DM10 Volume Knobs
« on: September 20, 2017, 02:05:46 PM »
Hey, Guys,

I searched to see if this had been mentioned before, and I didn't see anything, so I want to apologize if I'm repeating an already-answered question.

I noticed a while back that the volume knobs on my DM10 module were a bit loose.  They still worked fine, but just seemed to wiggle back and forth a bit more than before.  A few weeks ago, when I had the kit at home messing around with headphones, I noticed that at certain volume levels, the sound would cut out on one side of my headphones.  It didn't affect me for playing with the band, as I use the main outs for that. 

Well, last night at band rehearsal, I began having issues with one channel cutting out (didn't have time to check so just went with a mono signal), and it would come back if I messed with the volume knob.

Has anyone else had this happen with their DM10, and if so, is it an easy fix?  I'm just desperately hoping it will hold together for a few more months until I can upgrade, so if it's something I can fix, I'm all for it.

Thanks for any suggestions!

--Shawn

Offline Chaser

Re: DM10 Volume Knobs
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2017, 04:08:29 PM »
Hey, Guys,

I searched to see if this had been mentioned before, and I didn't see anything, so I want to apologize if I'm repeating an already-answered question.

I noticed a while back that the volume knobs on my DM10 module were a bit loose.  They still worked fine, but just seemed to wiggle back and forth a bit more than before.  A few weeks ago, when I had the kit at home messing around with headphones, I noticed that at certain volume levels, the sound would cut out on one side of my headphones.  It didn't affect me for playing with the band, as I use the main outs for that. 

Well, last night at band rehearsal, I began having issues with one channel cutting out (didn't have time to check so just went with a mono signal), and it would come back if I messed with the volume knob.

Has anyone else had this happen with their DM10, and if so, is it an easy fix?  I'm just desperately hoping it will hold together for a few more months until I can upgrade, so if it's something I can fix, I'm all for it.

Thanks for any suggestions!

--Shawn

The pots are pcb mounted...the pot is loose?.or just cuts out when you turn it?..if the pot's connections has become that loose, it either needs to be re-soldered if possible or completely replaced.

Offline AlanK

« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2017, 09:11:33 AM »
It could also be just the little screw that holds the knob in place has come loose and needs to be tightened
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers

Offline Iggford

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2017, 01:18:48 PM »
Thanks for the input, guys.. I'll bring the module home this weekend and tinker with it a bit. 

We have a gig tomorrow night, so I may pack my old Roland as a backup just in case.

Offline Iggford

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2017, 03:13:08 PM »
It could also be just the little screw that holds the knob in place has come loose and needs to be tightened

Hey, AlanK,

I tried to send you a message, but I think it just disappeared into the unknown.

I pulled the cover off my module and found the posts, but I couldn't see any small screws.  Am I just looking at the wrong thing?  It's probably right in front of me!

--Shawn