Author Topic: Best drum amp  (Read 2620 times)

Best drum amp
« on: May 18, 2017, 02:01:07 AM »
Hello fellow drummers I'm wondering what amp everyone uses for practice area monitoring I'm thinking simmons da50 or da200s I'd just like unbiased input or alternatives. Thanks in advance

Offline JimmyB

Re: Best drum amp
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2017, 09:53:46 AM »
I love my da200
JimmyB

Offline Rmiller

« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2017, 11:21:54 AM »
What he said. :D  Get 2.

Offline Chaser

« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2017, 12:17:16 PM »
SIMMONS came out with complete 2.1 system a few months back..it's around $500.00 USD FREE ship and I have seen it qualify for the 20% off coupons that Guitar Center sends out occasionally
http://simmonsdrums.net/product/da350-electronic-drum-monitor-system/

DA350
FEATURES
• 350 Watts RMS (1100 watts peak); Class-D power
• 10” Subwoofer and two 4.75” satellite speakers
• 3-channel Stereo Mixer with 1/4” inputs for multiple sound sources
• 2-Band shelving EQ provides complete tone control
• Subwoofer level knob dials in the perfect amount of low-end boom
• Aux inputs and Bluetooth® audio
• Weighs only 60 pounds for easy transport
• Includes stands and stand-transport bags

Offline Dobly

« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2017, 07:51:13 PM »
I have a Behringer Eurolive B115D 1000 watt

That alone powers along very nicely. Great bang for the buck.  At about half volume you can no long hear the sound of your sticks hitting the pads. At 3/4 power the kit moves a little when you hit the bass drum. I've never run it at full power but I suspect the kit would melt. :)

Under that when on stage I have a Behringer Eurolive VQ1500D sub woofer.

On stage I have my drums and my vocals coming out of the combo above. Having the sub really improves the bottom end sound of the kit (Addictive drums 2). And as it has a built in crossover, only the mids and highs are getting sent to the B115D above making it's job easier.

The sub is a little overkill admittedly and the B155D is plenty on it's own.

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2017, 03:28:53 AM »
I'm leaning toward the da200 it's just in my price range and everything I need

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2017, 02:18:22 PM »
I actually tried the 200 and 350 at my local guitar center Saturday and for an extra 150 I'd say I'll stick with the da 200 but the 350 is a beautiful monster but too much for me imo

Offline Chaser

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2017, 07:26:58 PM »
I actually tried the 200 and 350 at my local guitar center Saturday and for an extra 150 I'd say I'll stick with the da 200 but the 350 is a beautiful monster but too much for me imo

I have a promo code for GC right now(it has a max disc of 500) good thru May 24th... I am not going to use it.. the DA350 qualifies..reduces to 399..the DA200s qualifies..279
If you want it I'll send it in private message..you can go online and double check it..I just did without signing into my account so it's valid for everyone...hate to see good coupons go to waste , I get them all the time

EDIT:
PM sent....it's good in store also...download to you phone etc
Since you  budgeted for the DA200..I'd use the coupon + 50 and get the DA350 System

« Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 07:50:58 PM by Chaser »

« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2017, 08:05:53 PM »
thanks for the code I had to talk to the wife but I got it done. I went all in and got the simmons da350. I know it will do my set-up justice. it's something about felling the thump when you give your set a good bass kick that on top of the monitors positioned at the perfect listening height and level. I cannot say thanks enough!

Offline Chaser

« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2017, 03:00:31 AM »
thanks for the code I had to talk to the wife but I got it done. I went all in and got the simmons da350. I know it will do my set-up justice. it's something about felling the thump when you give your set a good bass kick that on top of the monitors positioned at the perfect listening height and level. I cannot say thanks enough!
Your welcome !
Happy to hear you to took advantage of it and got the DA350...shouldn't have been too hard to convince the wife for 50 more for a nice system...then again I am not married..lol
I have heard the system that's why I recommended it..I liked it better than an amp or 2 on the floor..tear down/ setup and transport is nice.
I  set one up for a friend of mine' with an iPad on a mount using bluetooth for practicing along to tracks etc..Real clean setup...Have you tried the Bluetooth yet?..

It's still a pretty new system...I still haven't seen anyone do a video on youtube or anywhere  else yet

« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2017, 01:01:20 AM »
Still waiting for it to be delivered. My guitar center had to order it so I am playing the waiting game. I was impressed hearing it though now I wanna hear it with addictive drums 2. This should make that monitor sing or so I hope

« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2017, 07:39:07 PM »
Just got it in and I am pleased but I have to tweak my sounds coming out of addictive drums 2 it has a weird sound

Offline Mr.J.

« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2017, 09:04:30 PM »
What did you tweak?

I've only had AD2 for a short period of time and I don't get to play out of my amp too often and the couple of times that I had I didn't like the sound as much as thru headphones.

I would think playing with the room would do it?

« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2017, 09:50:12 PM »
I listen to all the sound sets and it sounds better until I play them I'm still working on it