Author Topic: Pearl MIMIC Pro  (Read 33601 times)

Online ChrisK

Re: Pearl MIMIC Pro
« Reply #50 on: November 19, 2016, 10:24:24 PM »
I would not be worried about the pad setting, AD5 do a terrific job on this .........

Apparently the aD5 only triggers Tom sounds from the head zone of various pads, so Pearl/Slate should do a better job of adapting Roland and Yamaha (2 or 3 zone) pads to the Mimic Pro.
For more info refer to: http://www.atvcorporation.com/en/products/drums/ad5/file/523/aD5_pad_compatibility_en04.pdf

MIMIC already supports, 2 and 3 zone for cymbal, there is rim sound on toms as well, and I know personally, sound are all assignable to all zone.

For AD5, they thinks it's better to keep cpu resource on the system for others things, they don't feel it's necessary the rims toms.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 10:31:54 PM by ChrisK »

Offline rhysT

« Reply #51 on: November 20, 2016, 08:23:03 PM »
MIMIC already supports, 2 and 3 zone for cymbal, there is rim sound on toms as well, and I know personally, sound are all assignable to all zone.

For AD5, they thinks it's better to keep cpu resource on the system for others things, they don't feel it's necessary the rims toms.

Maybe it's just a coincidence the aD5 and Roland TD-25 have similar limitations with no assignable toms rim sounds!

Hopefully the Mimic Pro might discourage other edrum companies from limiting their module's features mainly to suit a particular price range and/or protect sales of their more expensive modules.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 08:42:48 PM by rhysT »

Online ChrisK

« Reply #52 on: November 20, 2016, 09:14:51 PM »

Maybe it's just a coincidence the aD5 and Roland TD-25 have similar limitations with no assignable toms rim sounds!

Hopefully the Mimic Pro might discourage other edrum companies from limiting their module's features mainly to suit a particular price range and/or protect sales of their more expensive modules.

With TD-25 I think you cannot assign any sound from any triggers zone, it's locked.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 10:17:22 PM by ChrisK »

Offline Failed Muso

« Reply #53 on: November 21, 2016, 11:39:42 AM »
This looks like a great module. I wonder of the D-25 Connector is compatible with the cable snake of the Crimson Mesh that uses the same connection? Would be great if it did :-)
Alesis Crimson Mesh Kit, Alesis DM10 Module, Alesis PercPad, Yamaha DTXpress Kit, Mattel Synsonics, Toontrack Superior Drummer 2

Online ChrisK

« Reply #54 on: November 21, 2016, 02:47:55 PM »
This looks like a great module. I wonder of the D-25 Connector is compatible with the cable snake of the Crimson Mesh that uses the same connection? Would be great if it did :-)

MIMIC PRO use 16x 1/4 jack for triggers only, the DB25 connection on the mimic is for 8 audio out added to another 8x 1/4 jack audio out.

Offline Failed Muso

« Reply #55 on: November 21, 2016, 04:07:54 PM »

MIMIC PRO use 16x 1/4 jack for triggers only, the DB25 connection on the mimic is for 8 audio out added to another 8x 1/4 jack audio out.

Ah! That'll teach me to not read the details properly! Thanks :)
Alesis Crimson Mesh Kit, Alesis DM10 Module, Alesis PercPad, Yamaha DTXpress Kit, Mattel Synsonics, Toontrack Superior Drummer 2

Online ChrisK

« Reply #56 on: January 13, 2017, 04:43:37 AM »
Update: MIMIC pro will have multi-layers users wav imports with editor, to imports sound from  VST's like with SDSE; BFD, TOONTRACK, Addictive drum, etc. also notice it's allow 16 triggers + 8 Instruments slots extra via midi module 24instruments, internal instruments are 8" to 18" toms size you can mix them and have like 7 toms if you want.

The editor might be not at release, but just after, also hi-hat might not be supported for editor at first version, since it use proper HIHAT sample to use the new hihat MIMIC engine close to open full graduation not like any vst on the market.

All users multi-layers sound imports will works with the attack, decay, sustain, release, reverb, eq, compressor, pan, volume etc for each individual instruments.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 03:03:02 PM by ChrisK »

Online ChrisK

« Reply #57 on: January 13, 2017, 04:18:41 PM »
latest updated module with rotary dial volume and different covers shape and screen colors.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 04:34:10 PM by ChrisK »

Offline Failed Muso

« Reply #58 on: January 13, 2017, 04:30:58 PM »
I need this in my life ;)

Offline rhysT

« Reply #59 on: January 13, 2017, 04:57:26 PM »
latest updated module with rotary dial volume and different covers shape and screen colors.

A closer look at the panel knob has me thinking it could be a multi-function rotary encoder with a push-switch included.

A similar controller for adjusting parameters had been suggested to Slate previously.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 10:16:53 PM by rhysT »

Online ChrisK

« Reply #60 on: January 13, 2017, 05:10:29 PM »
2 more

Online ChrisK

« Reply #61 on: January 13, 2017, 09:05:21 PM »

A closer look at the panel knob has me thinking it could be a rotary encoder with a push-switch included.

A similar controller for adjusting parameters had been suggested to Slate previously.

maybe it would be nice as extra..

Offline Dobly

« Reply #62 on: January 14, 2017, 06:19:14 AM »
This looks like a mighty fine module.

Online ChrisK

« Reply #63 on: January 14, 2017, 10:27:30 AM »
2 more

Yes confirmed its a multifunctional DIAL.

Offline rhysT

« Reply #64 on: January 14, 2017, 02:22:26 PM »
This looks like a mighty fine module.

Yeah I can feel some GAS pressure affecting my hip pocket region soon-ish !!  ;)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 04:56:57 PM by rhysT »

Offline Sam

« Reply #65 on: January 18, 2017, 04:08:43 PM »
So the list price is $2199! $500 more than I was expecting. Does this seem overpriced to you guys too?
Alesis DM8 Pro, 682Drums Mesh Heads, Addictive Drums, Zildjian Gen16 hi-hats

Online Hellfire

« Reply #66 on: January 19, 2017, 01:38:19 PM »
Don't know if you guys have seen this yet:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWBKMHp-Zd0

Online ChrisK

« Reply #67 on: January 19, 2017, 01:39:02 PM »
just saw very advanced module, I pre ordered at 1999, this module is what edrum needed.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 02:00:34 PM by ChrisK »

Online ChrisK

« Reply #68 on: January 19, 2017, 03:10:17 PM »
So the list price is $2199! $500 more than I was expecting. Does this seem overpriced to you guys too?

not at all, if you compare to Roland at 2400, you can get the mimic it at 2080 at sweet-water negotiated, works with most pad in the market,  it's vst module with 120GB ultra fast loading, and planned to imports full vst layers wav in stereo layers  with editor later etc.  Roland are still limited in their sound engine and module hardware technologies.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2017, 03:31:47 PM by ChrisK »

« Reply #69 on: January 19, 2017, 06:58:30 PM »
Im not going to go as far to say it is revolutionary, but this gives the whole industry the kick in the pants it needs. If this does everything in the video, I would call this a reasonable price. Out of my range lol, but still good for what you get. Looking forward to some user reviews with alesis kits.

M@

Online ChrisK

« Reply #70 on: January 20, 2017, 11:59:02 PM »
Reports from Jman WINTER NAMM 17, MIMIC PRO will came with 40GB full VST instruments for release.

Online ChrisK

« Reply #71 on: January 21, 2017, 03:13:15 AM »
Pearl MIMIC demo, sound impressive with all dynamic and hi-hat smoothness close to 1/4 open, seem on this demo, cymbal and toms never changed I think from all kits.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWcDmvJQWXs
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 06:21:51 AM by ChrisK »

Offline Dobly

« Reply #72 on: January 21, 2017, 06:49:10 AM »
Pearl MIMIC demo, sound impressive with all dynamic and hi-hat smoothness close to 1/4 open, seem on this demo, cymbal and toms never changed I think from all kits.

Good video.. But flicking around from one part to be next and then back, its was almost like he was using the same kit all through.. He might as well there was little variety in the kits.

Also, note how when he went change kits the video cut. So no idea on how long it takes to load another kit. If it was instant, they would not have cut the video.

Online ChrisK

« Reply #73 on: January 21, 2017, 07:33:14 AM »

Good video.. But flicking around from one part to be next and then back, its was almost like he was using the same kit all through.. He might as well there was little variety in the kits.

Also, note how when he went change kits the video cut. So no idea on how long it takes to load another kit. If it was instant, they would not have cut the video.

and loading time is about 1sec to 2sec depend on the kits size, yes most was the same except snare I think, but there is about 30GB installed of 120gb, also you can layers snare with snare, bass drum with bass drum, with all editing, attack, decay, sustain, release, reverb, eq, compressor, tune, pan, volume for individual instruments and all room mic, bottom head\top head, instrument mic, overhead mic, etc.   

I pre ordered mine should be in stock in march kraft music at 1999
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 07:43:35 AM by ChrisK »

Online ChrisK

« Reply #74 on: January 21, 2017, 12:48:59 PM »