Author Topic: NEW 2014 Alesis Pro X Hi-Hat  (Read 60256 times)

Offline Chaser

Re: NEW 2014 Alesis Pro X Hi-Hat
« Reply #50 on: April 07, 2014, 08:15:36 PM »
As far as frontrendaudio.. I received this email response.
"This is a brand new product that was just announced at winter NAMM and was recently added to our site. Alesis has not yet released this product, but is expecting it to start shipping in June. Would you like us to contact you as soon as this is available?
Thank you!"

as far as pre-ordering Alesis products I personally won't as I have in the past..paid in full for the DM Dock and the Amp Dock..both which were never released and the company I had pre-ordered with (Guitar Center) had my money (@$600.00) for over a year. I would wait and see if/when it actually happens before dishing out any money.

« Reply #51 on: April 08, 2014, 10:56:41 AM »
I just received the exact response.

Hello Michael,
This is a brand new product that was just announced at winter NAMM and was recently added to our site. Alesis has not yet released this product, but is expecting it to start shipping in June. Would you like us to contact you as soon as this is available?
Thank you!

I'm with you on the  prepay order. I will order when it is available.  But I will order from Electronic Drum Center. They have been very helpful on everything I have ordered from them.
Have a good time all the time!

Offline Sakke

« Reply #52 on: April 08, 2014, 05:37:48 PM »
Wonder how the new Pro X Hi-Hat would work in combination with the new Alesis Sample Rack or the new Alesis Sample Pad Pro.
Both have a switch on the back to trigger the Hi-Hat in 2 ways, Variable and steady.
Also trying to imagine the setup with a Sample Pad Pro, a Trigger I/O, the DM10 Kit where I (maybe all or many of us) want to use the samples
on the Sample Pad Pro to be triggered from the DM10 and the extra connections from the Trigger I/O as the Pad has midi In and Out.
Might become very interesting that way to create and play the thousands of .wav files that are available from everywhere.
Just depends if there will be free midi notes available to trigger in the Pad. With a little luck it will have the same free midi notes as are available in the DM10.
If the Hi-Hat can't handle all the settings in between from closed to full open there might be a chance to DIY with a
velocity / pressure / sliding resistor trigger like is build in the pedal of the DM10. Thinking in the way of a variable resistor
like an old turning knob with copper plates attached that were used in for example old radio's.
Just 2 copper plates that slide over each other where the steady plate is the resistor, the longer the distance the more resistance so
from open (lowest resistance) to closed (max resistance) to trigger all the available layers of the Hi-Hat.

Offline AlanK

« Reply #53 on: April 09, 2014, 01:24:41 PM »
Very excited, my favourite local music shop recently listed the Pro X on their website:

http://www.fleetsound.com/catalog/alesis-controller-p-12753.html?osCsid=6e8aa1dacabb6e5488451b69aaf4cb50

Hoping it'll arrive shortly but sounds like it'll be around June. And awesome price, only $99 Cdn which makes me think you folks in the States will get it for 75ish. Not bad at all  :-)   Then it's time to repurpose the original hi-hat cymbal as a splash or china! Yahooooooooo
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers

« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 10:18:35 AM by bangisuzuki »
Alesis DM10 Studio Kit with 682 drum mesh head and cone conversion. Roland SPD-S sampler and Roland PM-30 amplifier

« Reply #56 on: June 06, 2014, 10:05:32 PM »
OK. I just talked to Stephen at Electronic Drum Center and he said he expects his first shipment of the Pro x hi hats in mid July. They will take pre orders in mid June. So I plan to make my pre order in June with them..

Offline ChrisK

« Reply #57 on: June 10, 2014, 06:10:53 PM »
Official page now at Alesis
http://www.alesis.com/pro-x-hi-hat
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 07:44:36 PM by ChrisK »

« Reply #58 on: June 15, 2014, 07:09:21 AM »
I talked to my guy at Sweetwater earlier this week and was told that these were available but were a special order item for them.  I ordered one at a price of $128.99.  I'll post up once I hear anything else about it. 

« Reply #59 on: June 20, 2014, 09:39:09 PM »
Well, after placing my order I received a call from Sweetwater, a few days later, saying that these won't be available until the end of July.  Guess we'll see what happens then. 

« Reply #60 on: July 20, 2014, 12:49:03 PM »
Did anyone get the hi hat yet?

« Reply #61 on: July 26, 2014, 07:08:40 PM »
Nope. Still waiting. Now I hear mid August..

Offline gto3113

« Reply #62 on: July 28, 2014, 06:40:26 PM »
I just pre-ordered this through Cosmo Music in Canada $99
They told me it was a special order item and would ship as soon as it came available to them.
All the Canadian sights are listing it as end of July. We'll see.

Update: I was told this will be in Canada in 2 weeks, and then to the store a few days after that.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2014, 01:38:41 PM by gto3113 »

« Reply #63 on: August 09, 2014, 05:10:21 PM »
I just want to clarify: This Hi Hat only has 3 settings: open,close, halfway? If this is the case why would someone want that over a continuously variable pedal with much more subtlety and nuance?

Offline gto3113

« Reply #64 on: August 09, 2014, 05:37:03 PM »
Why not. I'm new to drumming and am not interested in intricate differences yet. I just want a good looking set that I can learn on, and my set will be good enough for a long time. It's not like I'm throwing away the pedal.

Offline Trondster

« Reply #65 on: August 09, 2014, 05:41:32 PM »
I just want to clarify: This Hi Hat only has 3 settings: open,close, halfway? If this is the case why would someone want that over a continuously variable pedal with much more subtlety and nuance?
I fully expect it to be variable, just like the existing pedal.
It is described as "Pro X Hi-Hat is a dual-cymbal, continuous hi-hat controller" - note the word "continuous".
« Last Edit: August 09, 2014, 05:43:54 PM by Trondster »
DM10 Pro kit with dampened rack, extra crashes, mesh heads, Gibraltar stands, P2002C and a dream cherry snare by Diamond Drums.

« Reply #66 on: August 09, 2014, 07:20:57 PM »
I fully expect it to be variable, just like the existing pedal.
It is described as "Pro X Hi-Hat is a dual-cymbal, continuous hi-hat controller" - note the word "continuous".

I hope Trondster is correct. It is unclear to me if continuous refers to the mechanical motion or electronic triggering. It is this line that leads me to be unsure:
"Create open, half-open, closed, chick, and splash sounds" <----- they don't describe Real pedal this way : " The RealHat Pedal gives you continuous control from closed to open and all points between..."

I could be another example of terrible Alesis copy writing.

Why not. I'm new to drumming and am not interested in intricate differences yet. I just want a good looking set that I can learn on, and my set will be good enough for a long time. It's not like I'm throwing away the pedal.

So because you are new you don't want to learn to play correctly at first? The Hi Hat is one of the most important voices of a drummer and is normally capable of creating a near unlimited number of expressions. You will strike it many times more often than ANY other part of your kit. It is much harder to unlearn a bad habit than to never develop one in the first place. That's why not.

Offline gto3113

« Reply #67 on: August 09, 2014, 10:39:53 PM »
I read the description on Alesis site and it states continuous.
I have posted a question to Alesis on whether it is from open to Close.

Offline Trondster

« Reply #68 on: August 10, 2014, 06:16:16 AM »
It is clearly continuous - it says so in the description, and is calibrated just like the regular pedal. Without a continuous input the module wouldn't be able to make correct heel splashes.
DM10 Pro kit with dampened rack, extra crashes, mesh heads, Gibraltar stands, P2002C and a dream cherry snare by Diamond Drums.

Offline gto3113

« Reply #69 on: August 12, 2014, 04:54:31 PM »
This directly from Alesis

Yes, the Pro-X Hihat is slated to be a fully continuous controller throughout its entire "travel".

Availability update: These have been pushed to the end of August now. At least in Canada

« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 09:51:54 AM by gto3113 »

Offline tk87

« Reply #70 on: August 13, 2014, 05:43:40 PM »
went to local store and the guy went to his computer for a while and told me it will arrive Aug 22nd

« Reply #71 on: August 15, 2014, 10:28:16 PM »
Got my notification from Sweetwater that my Pro X hi hat was shipping and they charged my card.  I have a tracking number also so I should see it in the next few days.  I'll post up some stuff once I actually get it and play with it a little. 

« Reply #72 on: August 15, 2014, 10:48:06 PM »
Got my notification from Sweetwater that my Pro X hi hat was shipping and they charged my card.  I have a tracking number also so I should see it in the next few days.  I'll post up some stuff once I actually get it and play with it a little.
Looking fwd to its arrival
DM10X kit, DW-3K double pedal, DW-3K tractor throne, 5AN VF sticks, Simmons DA200S, PS4 Gold headset.
Mods:
Remo silentstroke mesh conversion with 1/4" charcoal layer added on top of plates.
Sounds:
Bluejay in Module & EZdrummer 2 on laptop

Offline gto3113

« Reply #73 on: August 15, 2014, 10:56:19 PM »
I can't wait, Canada isn't getting it until the end of the month.
I didn't see it listed on Sweetwater. Weird.

« Reply #74 on: August 16, 2014, 01:50:11 PM »
My Pro X hats showed up this afternoon.  I noticed on the Alesis website that there is a firmware update for the DM10 module dated 8/5/14.  I'm assuming that the update includes new settings or the Pro X hats.  Looks like I have some work to do this afternoon.

Here is what is included in the box.  Two 12" hi hat pads (upper and lower), new hi hat clutch, large spring and round plastic retainer for the spring, rectangular trigger output box (sits under bottom cymbal pad), two new 1/4" trigger cables, two velcro tie straps and the manuals.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 02:04:02 PM by DrumDoug »