Author Topic: Tom 1 sounds like it is "rolling".  (Read 1307 times)

Tom 1 sounds like it is "rolling".
« on: February 03, 2015, 11:18:26 AM »
Hi, I have read that there are some tom 1 issues and I now have one of my own that doesn't seem to relate.  I just bought a new DM10 (Its my second one). When I got it all hooked up, it sounds like tom 1 is rolling nonstop and the led it lit up on the module for that input.  I tried to switch cable, pads, and even update the firmware and its still doing it.  Does this seem like defective hardware.  Does anybody have any suggestions?  Thanks

Offline kenb021

Re: Tom 1 sounds like it is "rolling".
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2015, 11:52:02 AM »
This happens with my bass drum sometimes. All I do is power off and power on and it seems to be fine after that...

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2015, 12:01:12 PM »
I've powered on and off many times and it's always there. My other identical kit never does this.

Offline JimmyB

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2015, 12:05:22 PM »
Play with the retrigger and threshold settings
JimmyB

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2015, 12:31:08 PM »
Thanks. I will try that.  Just a thought though; shouldn't the factory defaults already be at something halfway usable? Especially after updating the firmware.  Theoretically you should be able to open the box and just play it, then adjust the sensitivities to one's taste.  I have never touched any of the settings on my other kit and it works great. It Could use some tweaking for a live setting but it's totally usable for teaching.

Offline JimmyB

« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2015, 09:18:02 PM »
Ya, you would think the factory settings would be in the ballpark, but......
Tweak On!
JimmyB

Offline Trondster

« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2015, 04:10:26 PM »
What are your trigger settings? Both retrigger and threshold should be at least 10-15 or so.
DM10 Pro kit with dampened rack, extra crashes, mesh heads, Gibraltar stands, P2002C and a dream cherry snare by Diamond Drums.