Author Topic: Alesis DM6 Kick Drum Problem  (Read 18045 times)

Alesis DM6 Kick Drum Problem
« on: January 12, 2011, 01:42:22 AM »
Hello all, just received my DM6.  Set it up, and everything is working fine except for the kick drum.  There is absolutely no response when the pad is hit.  A signal is generated when you are plugging the cable in and out when it is halfway connected, but when it is fully connected there is no signal at all. 
I tried switching the cables, and connected one of the tom cables into the kick drum pad, and that generates a signal fine.  When I plug the kick drum cable into another pad there is no signal once again, but you get a signal when you have it connected halfway.
It doesn't seem like it is the chord itself, since it does carry a signal, so has anyone else ran into this issue?  I have tried searching the internet but I haven't found any similar problems.  I have tried the firmware update as well, but afterewards the problem is still there.  Any ideas?  Much app  :)reciated!

Re: Alesis DM6 Kick Drum Problem
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2011, 06:37:48 AM »
It seems as if you have tried the usual things so i seems like you have a dodgey pad. I would first contact the retailer you bought the kit from, they will tell you if they can replace the product (which i think they will do if its withing a certain number of days) or if you will need to claim on the warranty.

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 11:30:28 AM »
Thanks for the reply jimmy, I think it has to go that route as well.  I am pretty sure its just the cable snake though, I have plugged in every other cable into the kick drum pad and it works 100%, however the kick drum cable doesn't seem to get a response no matter where it is plugged in.  Tried to look on the net to see if absolutely anyone else had a cable snake problem but couldn't find a thing.  I guess it is just a one off with this one.

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2011, 12:30:32 PM »
Just thought I'd let you know I'm having the exact same problem as you. Plugged it all in and the bass cable doesn't work. Every other cable does, and I've done the same tests as you so it isn't the pad. Going to be asking for a replacement.

« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2014, 04:14:42 PM »
I've had the same problem yesterday, the bass just stopped responding. Turned out it was the small kick type switch at the back of the module, which i accidentally switched to "switch" from "pad".
Hope this helps.

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2014, 08:44:23 PM »
That's awesome man. Same problem - this fixed the issue. I must have accidentally flicked it when I was plugging the usb cable in.
Thanks

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2015, 06:28:40 PM »
Same problem here. Thanks a lot.