Author Topic: New from Nevada  (Read 2591 times)

New from Nevada
« on: March 30, 2010, 06:26:02 PM »
Hello,

All sorts of new here.  New to the forum, relatively new to drumming.  I don't count Junior High School band as experience.  I now have the DM10 studio kit and it's finally up and running.  To this point, I have only had the chance to give all the pre-programmed kits a brief run through. 

I'm sure I will have lots of questions, some quite simple, others not so simple. Please bear with me as I learn my way around the module.

First simple question; how do you hook up an ipod to this module?

Thanks for all the help.

Jim

VP,  Enough is Enough

Offline eugenecp

Re: New from Nevada
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 06:42:47 PM »
welcome to the forum!!! ur one of the lucky one's who have the studio already :)

btw, how's the stick noise on the cymbals?
DM10 Pro Kit, Tama Iron Cobra Jr Double Bass Pedal, Tama 1st Chair HT530E5, Tascam US-122 Audio/MIDI interface

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2010, 06:59:00 PM »
Like most who have ordered, I waited nearly 2 months and 4 changes in delivery dates before my kit arrived.  They did forget to include the bracket that allows the module to be mounted to the frame so for now my module is sitting on boxes.

I actually get more stick noise off the drum heads than I do the cymbals.  I  wear head phones so most of the noise is minimal.  Depending on the kit selected, the rim sounds go from loud to bearly audible.  I'm sure with some tweaking I can balance things out.  So far so good...
VP,  Enough is Enough

Offline Guinness

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2010, 07:13:32 PM »
First Welcome to the forum.  You'll find a lot of good folks here!

As for how to hook an ipod into the module....  the rear of the module has RCA inputs.  Simply get a 1/8 trs to rca cable and you're good to go.  Note, this is a simple "line in" and you have no volume control (your ipod handles that).

I too waited for a studio kit; but my patience ran out and I purchase a Pro kit.  I like it, but the cymbals are quite loud.  Anyways... Enjoy you're new kit! 

By the way, where did you get your kit from?

And, where in Nevada r u?

Offline eugenecp

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2010, 07:33:11 PM »
if u get more stick noise from the drum heads, then it's time for your first mod, convert to mesh heads  :).  the conversion is real easy and the improvement is significant.
DM10 Pro Kit, Tama Iron Cobra Jr Double Bass Pedal, Tama 1st Chair HT530E5, Tascam US-122 Audio/MIDI interface

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2010, 07:43:59 PM »
Have already considered the mesh heads, I'm sure it's only a matter of time.

I ordered from American Music Supply, turns out their west coast distribution center is about 4 miles from my house.  I live in Reno.  It's northern Nevada about 30 minutes from Lake Tahoe if your not familiar with the area.

Guinness, saw your videos on youtube yesterday.  Very informative!
VP,  Enough is Enough

Offline Guinness

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2010, 07:57:37 PM »
Have already considered the mesh heads, I'm sure it's only a matter of time.

I ordered from American Music Supply, turns out their west coast distribution center is about 4 miles from my house.  I live in Reno.  It's northern Nevada about 30 minutes from Lake Tahoe if your not familiar with the area.

Guinness, saw your videos on youtube yesterday.  Very informative!

i'm in Sacramento, so ya, I know where Reno is.  I also had my order into AMS, but the date kept getting pushed back.  At the time, i was order #8.  I'm glad they finally received and shipped some product out.  Like I said, I ran out of patience.

Glad my youtube videos are getting some play.  :)

Online Hellfire

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2010, 08:26:58 PM »
Welcome to the forum JimmyG! We have a good group of people here. If you have any questions we will at least try to answer them as best as we can. ;)