Author Topic: Adjusting trigger settings of 16" SURGE Ride Cymbal  (Read 2406 times)

Adjusting trigger settings of 16" SURGE Ride Cymbal
« on: May 23, 2012, 04:45:44 AM »
Hey guys,
i´m messing around with my trigger settings. My problem is, when hitting the edge of the Ride, sometimes the bell-sound is triggered. Crosstalk, zonetalk settings are at zero at the moment. When increasing zonetalk, the edge is fine, but then the bell isn´t triggered consistently anymore. Then, often the bow-sound is triggered.

Can anyone help, maybe someone who uses the SURGE Ride? :-)

Thanks a lot!

Offline Trondster

Re: Adjusting trigger settings of 16" SURGE Ride Cymbal
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 06:01:15 AM »
Up zone xtalk a bit, and play with the combination of threshold (affects the entire cymbal) and sensitivity for both the bow and bell - you probably need the zone xtalk of least 4-5 to get consistent triggering.

I ended purchasing a separate cymbal stand for my Surge ride - I got crazy because of the crosstalk to/from the bell through the rack. :)

I can give you my own trigger settings later a bit later, when I get home. ;)
DM10 Pro kit with dampened rack, extra crashes, mesh heads, Gibraltar stands, P2002C and a dream cherry snare by Diamond Drums.

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 07:25:18 AM »
Hey Trond,
that would be truly great! I´m gonna test the suggestions, you already made, this evening.
Besides: My ride is also on a separat boom-stand, it´s much better due to several reasons ;-)

Best wishes,
- Daniel

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 02:36:11 PM »
Trondster, thank you in advance! I think, I´ve solved the main problem.
To whatever reason I had a bell-sensitivity of 70 xD
So no wonder that, I triggered the bell, when hitting the edge.
Now I´m at 25-30 and it seems to be fine.
Nevertheless, I´m eager to hear your ride-settings! ;-)

Best,
Daniel

Offline Trondster

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2012, 04:46:14 PM »
Ah - I almost forgot!
RideBow: Sensitivity 30, Xtalk rcv 0, Xtalk send 0, Retrigger 30, Threshold 10, Curve Spline4
RideBell: Sensitivity 30, Xtalk rcv 0, Xtalk send 0, Zone Xtalk 6, Curve Spline4

Trigger settings are, as always, a work in progress. :)

As I have the ride on a separate stand, I have Threshold as low as 10 and 0 in xtalk rcv and send.
Zone xtalk is a bit high at 6 - maybe I can tweak the threshold and sensitivity a bit further and get it down to 5... :)
DM10 Pro kit with dampened rack, extra crashes, mesh heads, Gibraltar stands, P2002C and a dream cherry snare by Diamond Drums.