Author Topic: TRS Cable 'Kit' Available for the DM10?  (Read 2583 times)

TRS Cable 'Kit' Available for the DM10?
« on: May 15, 2012, 11:21:06 AM »
I know that there are 'standard sizes' for the different (stereo)TRS cables that come with the DM10. 

In seeing that I initially picked up a DM8 (with mono cable hydra plug) but recently having also acquired a DM10 module, I now have a need for some more TRS cables.

A-Less-Is doesn't appear to have anything regarding this as an aftermarket product so I get to DiY it. 

Does anyone have a 'premade' kit or even the cable lengths so that I may be able to piece it together myself?
Thx
DM8 Pro w/ Roland V-Drum Mesh Heads
DM10 module on standby waiting to be utilized

Offline Trondster

Re: TRS Cable 'Kit' Available for the DM10?
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2012, 11:40:52 AM »
It depends more on the rack and your own setup - for example, for me both the snare and hihat cables are too short.

I'd suggest to measure some lengths depending on your own preferred setup, add some slack, and just order a bunch of cables and velcro straps! :)
Find out where you want which pads on which rack, and go to it!

And - the different kits all come with different snakes, depending on the rack and the pads. The "snake" is just a bunch of cables labelled and taped together with black electrical tape.

That being said - I can try to measure some of my own cables tonight, on my Dm10 pro rack.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2012, 11:46:48 AM by Trondster »
DM10 Pro kit with dampened rack, extra crashes, mesh heads, Gibraltar stands, P2002C and a dream cherry snare by Diamond Drums.

« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2012, 12:05:49 PM »
It depends more on the rack and your own setup - for example, for me both the snare and hihat cables are too short.

I'd suggest to measure some lengths depending on your own preferred setup, add some slack, and just order a bunch of cables and velcro straps! :)
Find out where you want which pads on which rack, and go to it!

And - the different kits all come with different snakes, depending on the rack and the pads. The "snake" is just a bunch of cables labelled and taped together with black electrical tape.

That being said - I can try to measure some of my own cables tonight, on my Dm10 pro rack.

Yeah, maybe I should not be lazy and actually break out a tape measure to determine what would be best for my needs.  I keep rearranging my kit and it does appear that some cables arent quite long enough to accommodate some of my designs :p
Thanks bro
DM8 Pro w/ Roland V-Drum Mesh Heads
DM10 module on standby waiting to be utilized

Offline Trondster

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2012, 02:14:43 PM »
Yeah, maybe I should not be lazy and actually break out a tape measure to determine what would be best for my needs.  I keep rearranging my kit and it does appear that some cables arent quite long enough to accommodate some of my designs :p
Thanks bro
THen I think your best bet would be to measure your existing cable lengths, add some extra slack, especially to those which already are too short, and just order a bunch of cables. :)
DM10 Pro kit with dampened rack, extra crashes, mesh heads, Gibraltar stands, P2002C and a dream cherry snare by Diamond Drums.