Author Topic: perc4 input  (Read 2249 times)

perc4 input
« on: April 30, 2012, 01:12:06 PM »
hi i have a alesis dm10 studio kit i brought another surge cymbal (non chokable)  because i wanted to use to for a splash i plugged it into perc4 on the module but its not working as i already have surge cymbals replacing the rubber ones that came with the kit is there a way to get it to work

many thanks

Offline Trondster

Re: perc4 input
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 01:16:45 PM »
Have you assigned a sound to perc4?

As well - try to swap it with the other cymbals, cables and inputs, to determine if there's a problem with either.
DM10 Pro kit with dampened rack, extra crashes, mesh heads, Gibraltar stands, P2002C and a dream cherry snare by Diamond Drums.

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 04:32:34 PM »
ive tried it with other cymbal inputs the cymbals working fine on the snake wiring on the dm10 but not on the cable that came with it

Offline Trondster

« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2012, 04:46:11 PM »
Is it a stereo cable (TRS) or a mono cable (TS)?
Does it work with either a TRS or TS cable from the snake?

Otherwise it sounds like a defect cable.

And - have you assigned a sound to both perc4 head and rim? Just in case it was triggering the other one?
DM10 Pro kit with dampened rack, extra crashes, mesh heads, Gibraltar stands, P2002C and a dream cherry snare by Diamond Drums.

« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2012, 06:11:48 PM »
its trs stereo i got it working now thecable that came with it was faulty luckily i had another one lying around tested it and it works thanks for ure help