Author Topic: Trigger IO and VST Enough?  (Read 3064 times)

Trigger IO and VST Enough?
« on: February 09, 2012, 07:11:05 PM »
I have a bit of a Frankenkit at the moment with parts from various manufacturers, and the weakest point is definitely the module, a Yamaha DTXplorer. I am considering purchasing an Alesis Trigger IO to hook up to my PC and use with BFD2 or another VST to gain access to better sounds and more options, as well as allowing me to use both triggers of my dual-zone pads. Would this work without a module like the DM10, or are there drawbacks to doing this without a module?

Offline vaikl

Re: Trigger IO and VST Enough?
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2012, 09:17:57 PM »
I have a bit of a Frankenkit at the moment with parts from various manufacturers, and the weakest point is definitely the module, a Yamaha DTXplorer. I am considering purchasing an Alesis Trigger IO to hook up to my PC and use with BFD2 or another VST to gain access to better sounds and more options, as well as allowing me to use both triggers of my dual-zone pads. Would this work without a module like the DM10, or are there drawbacks to doing this without a module?

Brandon, welcome to our forum!

The Trigger I/O and the DM10 will work flawlessly together when using them for triggering VST instruments via MIDI. We have some in-depth threads about them here, just use the search function.

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2012, 02:34:20 AM »
First, thanks for the welcome.

But please, I don't mean to sound like a dick, but read a little closer. I was asking if I could make the IO work without a module (like the DM10 used an example).

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2012, 07:13:23 AM »
I use a Trigger I/O and Superior 2 and it works perfectly. No reason to worry about it, especially since this is the way the Trigger I/O was designed to work (Trigger <-> plugin).
Ian
Alesis USB Studio with Superior 2
Sonar X1 Producer on Windows 7 64

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2012, 11:13:22 AM »
Thanks ifonline. I see a lot of talk on these forums about using the Trigger IO to add more stuff to a DM10, but I haven't really seen anything about using one by itself.

Of course, I'm also looking this used Roland TD-8 on Ebay, currently at $158. I haven't even heard anything about this model, but I hear Rolands are good in general. I have a friend with a TD-9; he thinks it's fantastic. Only one less number, right?