Author Topic: DM10 Studio rack vs. DM10 Pro rack  (Read 8164 times)

Offline einarabelc5

Re: DM10 Studio rack vs. DM10 Pro rack
« Reply #25 on: January 10, 2012, 09:23:46 PM »
It's a typical dissappointed customer: THEY had one bad experience, THEY are the victims of false advertising, THEY are the victims of bad quality control. Aside from the fact, that you stand almost alone, nobody gives a sh*t.
So stop spreading illogical and idiotic opinions due to one bad experience and take notice in the fact, that you seem to be one of the VERY few unlucky people who managed to get a disfunctional rack. But hey, it happened to you, so everybody must care.

If you really think so why do you waste your time  AND MY TIME on these forums WHICH were created by users TO HELP users?
 You could learn a thing or two from the guy above you. It's sooo easy to hide behind a keyboard and spout bile without providing anything of use or running the risk of getting PUNCHED in the face. YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT ME other than ONE post. YOU DON'T KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT WHAT I HAVE  OR HAVEN'T done with my e-kit and you're just assuming A LOT of things and getting OFF on downplaying another human being.  THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONTRIBUTION. I think you'll be better off in sites like youtube. What's funny is that I'm not surprised by your comment at all. I could smell it since I read your first post.
In fact your post reminds me of this quote by Robert E. Howard : "Civilized men are ill mannered because they don't run the risk of having their skulls split open"... by Conan the Cimmerian. In conclusion, civilization allows you to be a coward and what you just did was cowardly.

Anyways, your post has been reported. Have fun demonstrating what kind of person you are to strangers who really don't care about your non fruitful opinions.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 10:10:49 PM by einarabelc5 »

Offline einarabelc5

« Reply #26 on: January 10, 2012, 09:27:35 PM »
Fine.  You say the rack sucks.  Your opinion on QC & engineering aside, what may be more helpful to newbies considering whether to buy the DM10 Studio or any Alesis product is how well Alesis is responding to your problem.  Has your situation been resolved to your satisfaction yet?

I have been thinking of calling them but given the posts I've read here about the time it takes Alesis to replace parts and since I AM a newbie myself I find myself in a situation where I seriously doubt actually calling them. I don't want to spend 4 to 6 weeks without a drum kit and not being able to practice which is my main purpose, that would be truly senseless.

Offline vaikl

« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2012, 09:54:04 PM »
Guys, please calm down a bit, okay? ;)

I remember my first steps here with a lot of confusion and frustration about Alesis' support, but with a little help from others it was clear for me that *this* forum is not the rumble show. Alesis has it's own support forum here, so why wasting energy in our little community? ::)

Offline einarabelc5

« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2012, 10:08:39 PM »
Guys, please calm down a bit, okay? ;)

I remember my first steps here with a lot of confusion and frustration about Alesis' support, but with a little help from others it was clear for me that *this* forum is not the rumble show. Alesis has it's own support forum here, so why wasting energy in our little community? ::)

Thank You... that's really helpful. I will use those forums then.  The answer is: Because I didn't know any other place to ask.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 10:12:23 PM by einarabelc5 »

Offline drumday

« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2012, 10:16:05 PM »
Point taken, Vaikl.  I'm always interested in hearing how customers are treated and how issues are handled.  If something's screwed up with this guy's rack, I'd like to hear Alesis jumped on it and fixed it.  That's my own bias, to believe that in this overly commoditized world, that one beats the competition by offering a superior customer experience.  I hope that this is what Alesis does.  Doesn't sound like I'll be finding out, if the person with the problem isn't going to pursue it.  Can't say I blame him (I'm living with the Tom1 work around), but there are companies out there that would cringe if they knew that they weren't given a chance to make things right.  Perhaps the shame is that apparently the consensus that he/she got from this forum is that it's not worth the bother.
DM10 Studio 2011, BBII mesh conversion w/ resistors left in place, Simmons DA200S, ProMark 7A nylon, Sennheiser HD280 headphones, Gibraltar rack, Camco double pedal.

Offline vaikl

« Reply #30 on: January 10, 2012, 10:52:43 PM »
Should be added that the Alesis support forum is a relative new thing in the Internet world, though the support staff is much more responsive than in other company forums I know. The overall rating is - imho - splitted into fast response and not-so-fast action.

But the main advantage is that the *company* itself could learn about bad service, because they have spend money to setup this service portal.