Author Topic: Hart Dynamics Mesh Drum Heads on Alesis  (Read 6865 times)

Hart Dynamics Mesh Drum Heads on Alesis
« on: July 13, 2011, 12:55:52 PM »
Hi Everyone. I came across this link where Hart has replacement mesh heads available (made for Hart by Aquarian U.S.A.). They state you can replace your current e-drum heads with these. I see no reference to having to change the foam underneath. Has anyone heard of these/done this on your Alesis DM RealHeads? I would think that you still need to do something with the foam underneath to dampen the sound somewhat.

Re: Hart Dynamics Mesh Drum Heads on Alesis
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2011, 02:02:33 PM »
Never mind! Gary from Hart Dynamics (great company) called me back to state that the whole internals on the Alesis pad would need to be reworked, such as what is on that YouTube video (I think by Hellfire???)

Online Hellfire

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011, 06:20:32 PM »
Never mind! Gary from Hart Dynamics (great company) called me back to state that the whole internals on the Alesis pad would need to be reworked, such as what is on that YouTube video (I think by Hellfire???)
Correct. If you do my conversion, Hart Dynamic heads work really good with the triggers. ;)

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2011, 08:08:40 AM »
Hey Hellfire! Gary from Hart also commented on that video, so you got some accolades from them!

Offline einarabelc5

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2011, 04:43:30 PM »
Correct. If you do my conversion, Hart Dynamic heads work really good with the triggers. ;)

I just had to cancel my order of Remo V-heads from musicians buy because they said they had to backorder them from Roland and it could take from 1 to 2 weeks. I'm planning on getting the hart ones as soon as they refund me.

Any experience with musiciansbuy.com?

Thank You.

Offline MechanEvil

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2011, 01:34:04 AM »
T'would be good if Alesis takes note of what a lot of people are saying about mesh heads. You could even sell two versions of the same kit, with a slight differential in the mark-up for a factory-fitted "mesh mod" :)

- Jimmy Rage
Warrior poet, guitar vocalist bassist drummer
... and inventor of the three-legged setup

Offline einarabelc5

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2011, 05:30:27 PM »
T'would be good if Alesis takes note of what a lot of people are saying about mesh heads. You could even sell two versions of the same kit, with a slight differential in the mark-up for a factory-fitted "mesh mod" :)

- Jimmy Rage

To be honest it only shows how much the Product Management department in Alesis is lost. People get electronic drums for two reasons:

1.Noise
2.Noise

If you are gonna paid the premium of an ekit the least you could do is cover the basic. Otherwise is idiotic.

Online Hellfire

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2011, 05:46:59 PM »

- Jimmy Rage
Taking note is one this, however Alesis can not by law sell mesh triggers (at least in the USA).

Mesh drum headed triggers are covered by Roland patents (at least in the USA). The only way in the USA to supply mesh heads with your triggers is for Alesis to pay Roland a fee to do it. This is what Hart and Pintech do. At least for there complete triggers. Roland patents don't cover selling just the mesh head by itself as long as it is a single ply or three ply (or more) mesh. That is because the Roland patent covers their 2 ply mesh head as well. That is why Pearl can sell their single ply mesh yet they don't sell edrums with mesh heads. Hence the ePro.

Offline einarabelc5

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2012, 07:49:09 PM »

- Jimmy Rage

And why 2box doesn't sell its ekit here. I didn't know the patent thing when I did my original post. That IS ridiculous.
Taking note is one this, however Alesis can not by law sell mesh triggers (at least in the USA).

Mesh drum headed triggers are covered by Roland patents (at least in the USA). The only way in the USA to supply mesh heads with your triggers is for Alesis to pay Roland a fee to do it. This is what Hart and Pintech do. At least for there complete triggers. Roland patents don't cover selling just the mesh head by itself as long as it is a single ply or three ply (or more) mesh. That is because the Roland patent covers their 2 ply mesh head as well. That is why Pearl can sell their single ply mesh yet they don't sell edrums with mesh heads. Hence the ePro.