Author Topic: Drum pads " hit area"  (Read 1370 times)

Drum pads " hit area"
« on: February 19, 2016, 12:14:42 PM »
Hi all,
I'm trying to find out if anyone knows how to configure the pads to pick up a hit with the stick on the entire pad , currently it only picks up if I hit kind on in the center of the pad.

I also wanted to know if anyone knows how to change the sound of the bell on the ride cymbal.

I own a DM10 X mesh Kit

Thank you!

Offline Trondster

Re: Drum pads " hit area"
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2016, 12:53:48 PM »
Try tweaking the trigger settings - hits off center are probably interpreted as rim hits.
Try decreasing the rim sensitivity on the trigger, and increase zone xtalk a bit for the trigger.
DM10 Pro kit with dampened rack, extra crashes, mesh heads, Gibraltar stands, P2002C and a dream cherry snare by Diamond Drums.

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2016, 01:07:55 PM »
That could be, because I have all my rim shots set to " none" other than for the snare .
I will try it once I'm home.
Thank you

Offline Trondster

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2016, 04:43:49 PM »
I think you need to set the rim sensitivity to 0 to fully deactivate the rim zones.
DM10 Pro kit with dampened rack, extra crashes, mesh heads, Gibraltar stands, P2002C and a dream cherry snare by Diamond Drums.

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2016, 04:53:13 PM »
I will try it all and get back to you

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2016, 10:26:51 PM »
messing with the trigger did work but no success yet with setting up a different sound for the cow bell on the ride cymbal, anyone?
Thanks again guys.