Author Topic: Piezo check up?  (Read 1587 times)

Piezo check up?
« on: January 31, 2016, 11:53:34 PM »
I have a Alesis DM10 and some of the triggers on the toms are sporadic in sound development.  I have to hit some of them harder to produce the same sound as the other toms.  I will be changing over to the Drum-Tec mesh head in the near future.  I can't stand the mylar heads that came with it.  I would like to know how to check each piezo to see if they are going "bad".  I'm just getting into Edrums and like the versatility and have dumped the DM10 cymbals for the Zildjen gen 16 ones.

Offline ClaudioCas

Re: Piezo check up?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2016, 11:58:02 AM »
Have you check the external trigger settings?
Sensitive, Curve, Threshold?

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2016, 05:24:36 PM »
Also possible cross-talk or even bad connection, but if you want to see the output from a piezo then one way is to record it into a microphone input, you should get a fairly smooth and fairly quick decaying sinewave, I'd feed it through a mic input on a mixer first if you can.

Here is the output from a trigger I was testing in a DIY 13 inch earlier :
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 11:09:13 AM by Mezzo »

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2016, 05:12:17 PM »
I don't have the capability of using a mic to perform that test. I found out the fellow that had the set before me did modify two of the 8" drums using "jute" car underlayment as a buffer inbetween the pizeo and foam layers.  Soooo,,,, on to just redoing all of the heads and start from the beginning.  It should help my problem.  thank you for your input it was really helpful. http://www.dmdrummer.com/Smileys/default/grin.gif

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2016, 03:53:34 PM »
U can use a volt meter and do a continuity check if it reads 0. The pad or pickup is good