Author Topic: Roland Plus Alesis  (Read 1194 times)

Roland Plus Alesis
« on: January 27, 2016, 11:18:40 PM »
I like the feel (and price) of my dm8 set but the ride triggers when i play and it sounds really fake (especially the hi hat)
I have seen Roland td-10s and td-12s for a good price and wanted to know if all my alesis gear will work on the module. Is there any other brands i should look at too.

Re: Roland Plus Alesis
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2016, 10:49:26 AM »
Don't think anyone knows mate.. i asked the same about TD9 Module.... no responses yet...

Online Hellfire

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2016, 07:49:45 PM »
I would highly recommend the search function at the top right of the page. With my search I was able to find this:

DM10 Trigger Type Compatibility

It's a little dated but its better than nothing. I hope that helps.

Offline ClaudioCas

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2016, 12:00:39 PM »
Why don't you try a VST instead change the module?

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2016, 05:14:08 PM »
Yeah if you want the best sounding real kit then there is nothing better than a VST, in terms of a TD-9 etc, there shouldnt be a problem. Roland pads reverse the polarity of the secondary piezo zone, although since that is an edge trigger polarity shouldnt matter since its floating, and I *think* they prefer a leading positive on the head for best triggering but not essential.

Since the TD9 was mentioned... I dont have any DM8 pads but I do have some old DM6 pads lingering around, the snare with the gum type edge switch, I just plugged it into a TD-9 module to see what happens, set the trigger type to PD8 and it worked fine, both zones, complete with velocity on the edge.