Author Topic: DM10X Snare head triggers rim only  (Read 1430 times)

DM10X Snare head triggers rim only
« on: January 25, 2016, 07:31:58 AM »
I just turned my DM10X on that I've only used for a few weeks and the snare head is only triggering the snare rim and making the rimshot sound, the rim also makes the rim sound.
When I use note chase, it detects the snare head as the snare rim, I'm worried that the snare has somehow broke, can anyone gelp with this?
I also tried the note chase after again and it was skipping between the snare and kick and landed on the kick every time without me touching it.

Offline Trondster

Re: DM10X Snare head triggers rim only
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2016, 11:18:20 AM »
Check your trigger settings - you might want to adjust them.
Could you give us all the trigger settings of both snare zones?

As well try swapping both the pad and the cable for a tom - check if both the cable and/or the pad may be faulty.
DM10 Pro kit with dampened rack, extra crashes, mesh heads, Gibraltar stands, P2002C and a dream cherry snare by Diamond Drums.

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2016, 12:42:15 PM »
I checked all the settings such as the general volume, the volume changed through the lvl thing, sensitiivity, everything. It was all set to how I used it and then just stopped working after I used it. I'll try the tom cable. I reset the kit and that didn't help either.
I was just playing on it and the kick trigger started cutting out (I have double pedals and the right side was affected more), triggered once every few hits so it looks like the whole kit is just breaking before I've owned it a month. It seems like I've broken the triggers or something. I did think the triggers have not much protection with simply just the crappy mesh but assumed they're made to be hit hard and so didn't think it would be a problem, now the kick pad is cutting out and snare is completely not working or even being detected. Those are my most used and hardest hit areas (even though I don't hit that hard really) so I'm guessing I broke them through impact.

Offline ClaudioCas

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2016, 12:07:24 PM »
Do you try to swap snare with tom3/4? The 12" pad are all the same.
If the "12 tom" pad works well, the issue is the "snare pad", otw the issue is in the trigger settings.

Offline AlanK

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2016, 01:43:00 PM »
Michal it's very likely at least for the kick, that the piezo has one wire breaking off already. They use very thin gauge wires and the solder joints aren't always strong. It's an easy fix if you have a soldering iron. Mine went too, but it was a few months in.. every few kicks or if I really stepped into it I'd get a trigger, must have been the wire that broke away would sometimes manage to make contact on some hits.. anyways, took it apart, soldered and right back on track.
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers