Author Topic: Trigger I/O Calibration Function  (Read 2460 times)

Trigger I/O Calibration Function
« on: August 04, 2016, 10:50:57 PM »
Hi.  I was wondering if there are any users out here that use the Trigger I/O.  I was wondering about the Calibration function for my hi-hat pedal.  I followed the instructions to get my pedal calibrated, and it works pretty well, but I always have to repeat the process when I turn off the unit and turn it back on again.  Is this normal behavior to always have to calibrate my hi-hat pedal when powering on the interface?

Thanks

Offline Chaser

Re: Trigger I/O Calibration Function
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2016, 01:46:28 PM »
Are you saving the changes?

If you have made changes to Kit and Global parameters (i.e. changed MIDI note numbers, channels, trigger settings..etc), you  will  notice  that  the  LED  next  to  Kit  will  begin  blinking.
This  means  that  there  are  changes  which  have  not  yet been saved.
To save these changes, use the function up/down buttons to return to the Kit function.
This will save  the  changes  you  have  made.

If you have made changes but do not wish to save them,
press function down and value down buttons simultaneously.This will cancel any changes made after the kit was loaded

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2016, 11:39:47 PM »
I did return the LED back to KIT and the light stopped flashing (indicating it saved the changes).  Yet when I finish for the day and power down the interface, the calibration settings are lost.  When I turn the unit on again, I have to recalibrate the pedal all over again.  I'm using a Pintech PC series hi hat pad with the Visulite controller that plugs into the interface on the Hi Hat input.  Suffice it to say, the interface is a Ddrum DDTi interface (which is a re-branded Alesis Trigger I/O), but I think it should work the same way as Alesis.  I'm just not sure if that's normal behavior or if there's something wrong with my interface.

Offline AlanK

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2016, 09:12:22 AM »
I don't know anything about Trigger I/O, but does it have write protection on like the DM10? Do you have to turn that off first?
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2016, 07:23:24 PM »
Never saw anything like that in the manual.  I read and compared both the DDTi and Alesis I/O manuals and they're both clones of each other with different skins.  I see that my overall settings for all the other triggers are still the same each time I turn it on, so their's no love lost.  Perhaps since the pedal is continuous, it needs to be calibrated each time.  I dunno.  I contacted Ddrum as well, but I'm still waiting to hear back from them.  Nothing yet.  Anybody out here own an Alesis trigger I/O (or a DDTi)?

Offline Hellfire

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2016, 11:06:27 PM »
I did return the LED back to KIT and the light stopped flashing (indicating it saved the changes).  Yet when I finish for the day and power down the interface, the calibration settings are lost.  When I turn the unit on again, I have to recalibrate the pedal all over again.  I'm using a Pintech PC series hi hat pad with the Visulite controller that plugs into the interface on the Hi Hat input.  Suffice it to say, the interface is a Ddrum DDTi interface (which is a re-branded Alesis Trigger I/O), but I think it should work the same way as Alesis.  I'm just not sure if that's normal behavior or if there's something wrong with my interface.

I own a Trigger I/O and that is not normal behavior. If you are saving the setting and the settings are not being retained, I would contact Ddrum. I only have to Calibrate my hi-hat controller once and not every time I turned it on.

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2016, 05:54:48 PM »
I own a Trigger I/O and that is not normal behavior. If you are saving the setting and the settings are not being retained, I would contact Ddrum. I only have to Calibrate my hi-hat controller once and not every time I turned it on.

Thanks for the reply, Hellfire.  May I ask which hi-hats and controller do you use with your Trigger I/O?

Offline Hellfire

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2016, 08:22:44 PM »

Thanks for the reply, Hellfire.  May I ask which hi-hats and controller do you use with your Trigger I/O?

I've used the RealHat pedal and a Roland FD-7 with no issues with the Trigger I/O.

« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2016, 12:02:23 AM »

Thanks again!.  I also have a RealHat controller and had tried that out temporarily with the DDTi as a workaround while trying to solve another problem with the hi-hat pads from Pintech.  The calibration issue continued with the RealHat pedal too, so I think there's something off about my DDTi.  That was good information.  I'll contact Ddrum again.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 12:04:50 AM by 98bpm »