Author Topic: Converting the 2010 DM10 frame to the "4 post" stable set up.  (Read 2289 times)

Converting the 2010 DM10 frame to the "4 post" stable set up.
« on: January 11, 2012, 08:12:40 AM »
Hi all,

I brought my DM10 back last April (2011) but it came with the 2010 older style rack / frame.

This is absolutely fine, however my kit is a little bit unstable.

I know that there was a previous post on here talking about how you can reconfigure the 2010 DM10 rack / frame, to a "four post" set up that makes the kit a lot more stable.

Please would it be possible for someone to either give me a bit of advice on how to build this "four post" set up, or point me in the right direction of the previous post that was posted on here with instuctions on how to do it....as I know that I definately saw it on here somewhere before, but can't find it for the life of me  ???

Thanks,

Topcat (Mark)

Re: Converting the 2010 DM10 frame to the "4 post" stable set up.
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2012, 11:23:49 AM »
There is really nothing to converting your rack to 4 post.  All you need to do is get yourself a couple of extension tubes.  Just about any brand of 1.5 in pipe will work.  Guitar center actually sales the gibralter exntention tube.  Just get out their website and look up GIBRALTER EXTENTION TUBE.  They come in different sizes.  Id recomemnd the 36in if you are going to use it has a vertical section.  That way you have plenty of room to adjust and even add the cymbal stand attactment on it if you want.  The tubing costs about 18 bucks.  If you are going to do both sides of your rack you will need to of the tubes and 2 t-clamps.  Again the brands dont matter, as long as its 1.5 in in diamiter

Re: Converting the 2010 DM10 frame to the "4 post" stable set up.
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2012, 06:59:26 AM »
Thanks Diversity210, much appriciated - I'll go and have a look on the Gibralter website now  ;D

Cheers.

TC