Author Topic: Alesis Cymbal Types  (Read 2940 times)

Alesis Cymbal Types
« on: November 18, 2011, 06:54:29 PM »
Hi all,

Been happily getting on with my DM10 studio for about 9 months now. I was wanting to extend the number of cymbals on my kit.

I really like the thick rubber edge on the hi hat, chokable crash and ride. The 2nd crash with the kit does not have this edge and is naturally acoustically louder - in fact it seems almost the same as the cymbal pads from my old DM6!

I would like to get a new 2nd crash, with the nice thick rubber edge. I assume that because the cable going to my 2nd crash is mono, I won't be able to choke it, so getting the hi hat cymbal is the best option?

If so, when I look for these cymbals online (I'm in the UK but have searched worldwide), all the online shops have the same picture for all non-surge Alesis cymbals, and they all look like the cymbal that is the most like a DM6 one.

Do you know where I can get one of these and be sure I'll have the nice thick rubber edge? The pictures are making me wonder what I'll get!

Thanks in advance,

Alex.
Alesis DM10 Studio - Hellfire mesh upgrade w/Pearl Muffle Heads

Offline Ennuk3

Re: Alesis Cymbal Types
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2011, 04:38:45 AM »
Just get a hi-hat cymbal. It's the cheapest and it's mono by the way.
Trust me you really don't need 2 chokable cymbals, I have chokable crash and I make due very well with only it.

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2011, 10:11:33 AM »
Thanks for that - I agree that the hi hat  seems to be the best choice for replacing the current 2nd crash.

The only problem I'm finding is every site that sells them seems to have this image:

regardless of what cymbal they're selling. It kinda puts me off because that doesn't even look like one of the cymbal pads with the nice thick rubber edge!

Can you advise any sites that sell them? I'm in the UK but don't mind trying to get one shipped from further afield...

Thanks,

Alex.
Alesis DM10 Studio - Hellfire mesh upgrade w/Pearl Muffle Heads

Offline Ennuk3

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2011, 02:07:42 PM »
That's because Alesis posted all of the cymbals on their site with the same picture and the seller took that from Alesis's site, so don't be afraid, just get a hi-hat cymbal from Alesis.