Author Topic: Perc Pad  (Read 7027 times)

Perc Pad
« on: May 05, 2011, 11:37:14 AM »
Anyone know the sound list for the Perc pad ans Perc pad pro.
Cheers

CAZ

Offline Jermdog

Re: Perc Pad
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 01:10:47 PM »
Information is available at Alesis.com for the Perc Pad, but not the Perc Pad Pro.  Find it on the website and go to docs/downloads (it's a tab).  Type in your information and download the manual.  Sounds are in it.
Strike Pro, Dm10, Zildjian Gen 16 hats, xhats and garbage cymbals, Kit Toys chinas, crash and splashes, jam dock, mixer, custom 13" tom, alesis, drum workshop and various hardware.

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2011, 06:09:32 PM »
The Perc Pad only has 25 sounds and no hi-hat or crashes! :=( The Pro looks much better:
http://www.alesis.com/performancepadpro
« Last Edit: August 02, 2011, 06:19:01 PM by tocs100 »

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2011, 01:47:29 PM »
Am I correct is thinking there is no "kit" memory?  It appears from the quickstart manual that you cannot store "kits"?  And does it save your edit settings when you power down and up? 

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2011, 09:22:07 AM »
I bought one and it arrived last night.  It has no kit memory. For those seeking to use it in live performance, unless you want to use the same four sounds (five if you use the pedal input) for every song, or change sounds between songs, you should plan on MIDIing out to another sound source.  What a disappointment. What would adding kit memory cost to the bottom line? $10? $20.
One word review: BOO

Offline vaikl

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2011, 03:47:35 PM »
I've recently considered to buy a PercPad because it would perfectly integrate into my setup as additional pads, working with the DM10 via MIDI. They are sold for 99 Euro here (approx. 140 $), that are 32$ per pad without needing additional trigger inputs. Not bad...

No dealer ever has mentioned (nor has Alesis) that there is a preset memory on board, so I know what I'll buy.

Offline Jermdog

« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2011, 03:28:56 PM »
You can get the Performance Pad for $150 US on Amazon... why spend $99 on half without memory?  Unless you don't have the space...
Strike Pro, Dm10, Zildjian Gen 16 hats, xhats and garbage cymbals, Kit Toys chinas, crash and splashes, jam dock, mixer, custom 13" tom, alesis, drum workshop and various hardware.

Offline vaikl

« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2011, 03:50:48 PM »
You can get the Performance Pad for $150 US on Amazon... why spend $99 on half without memory?

Because I don't need the internal sounds of a Perc/Perf Pad. Why should I then spend 50 bucks more? ;)

Offline vaikl

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2011, 03:55:02 PM »
Beside this - best price for the old Performance Pad I could find here in Europe is 190 € (260 $)... :(

Offline Hellfire

« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2011, 05:07:04 PM »
If you guys use a DM10 and are just looking to add some extra pads in a similar form factor to the Perc Pad or Performance Pad, you can try an Alesis Control Pad. It is basically a Trigger I/O with pads. It has a memory and you can trigger the extra sounds from your DM10 via midi. The price doesn't seem that bad either (around $160). Just a thought.

Offline vaikl

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2011, 05:34:55 PM »
Thanks Phil, for the headup!

For us Europeans there's also a similar pad called MILLENIUM DP-1000, a Thomann branded product for 99€ (130 $).

I personally like a little bit bigger pads in my rack, like on the Perc Pad. I'm wearing glasses... ;D

Offline wildbill

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2011, 08:05:02 AM »
http://www.alesis.com/epercussion

Info about Alesis percussion stuff is here^^^.  Not a lot about the Perc Pad - just a brochure and a quick start guide.
It's a small, simple, portable, pre-set handy tool.  For the price, I wouldn't expect a lot of bells and whistles.  But it's pretty cool it has a kick input.
Sort of the modern cowbell for the 21st century.

I wouldn't confuse it with things like the Performance Pad, and Performance Pad Pro which are more programmable.  It's my understanding that the Perf. Pad basically has the SR16 inside, and the Perf. Pad Pro has the SR18.
Neither one is a good option for adding extra external triggers to an existing setup though.  They work better as standalone units.

Like Hellfire says, the ControlPad, (or Trigger I/O) would be a better option for that.

Offline Jermdog

« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2011, 01:10:36 PM »
Because I don't need the internal sounds of a Perc/Perf Pad. Why should I then spend 50 bucks more?

Cause it also has MIDI... 8 pads for 50 bucks more - $18.75 per pad, with sounds  ;)

Depending on your situation... is what I should've said!

Offline Jermdog

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2011, 01:11:56 PM »
ARG!!! QUOTES!!!  The previous quote I made was from/to vaikl.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2011, 01:13:27 PM by Jermdog »

Offline vaikl

« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2011, 01:55:59 PM »

Cause it also has MIDI... 8 pads for 50 bucks more - $18.75 per pad, with sounds  ;)

Depending on your situation... is what I should've said!

You could also buy a Zendrum with a little more per pad as the PercPad Pro ;D

For me it's just a matter of rackspace, pad size and not wanted functionality. And I don't play 8 octobans like Simon Philips does ;)

Offline Jermdog

« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2011, 06:43:28 PM »
Like I said, depending on your situation.  Me... There's no way i can fit a perf pad in my set up. I do good enough sqeezing in what i have!