Author Topic: Hello from NJ  (Read 1280 times)

Hello from NJ
« on: March 01, 2016, 01:18:05 PM »
Hello and greetings;

My name is Stuart. I have been drumming since I was 18 (now 51). It is purely a hobby. I just replaced my Yamaha DTXetreme IIs module with the Alesis DM10 and I have to say I am impressed. It plays better on the Yamaha pads better than the Yamaha module did. I am very pleased with the sounds and triggering, but mostly the ease of programming. Much simpler than the Yamaha.  Will be replacing the pads with Roland mesh heads for the toms. I am using the Pintech Hi Hat controller with a compliment of Pintech and Yamaha Cymbals. All work quite well (with tweaking). I also play a large Gretsch Renown Maple acoustic kit (with an Alesis Sample Pad on it). Looking forward to exploring all the good tips and tricks you have to share.

Stuart

Online Hellfire

Re: Hello from NJ
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2016, 02:36:52 PM »
Hello and greetings;

My name is Stuart. I have been drumming since I was 18 (now 51). It is purely a hobby. I just replaced my Yamaha DTXetreme IIs module with the Alesis DM10 and I have to say I am impressed. It plays better on the Yamaha pads better than the Yamaha module did. I am very pleased with the sounds and triggering, but mostly the ease of programming. Much simpler than the Yamaha.  Will be replacing the pads with Roland mesh heads for the toms. I am using the Pintech Hi Hat controller with a compliment of Pintech and Yamaha Cymbals. All work quite well (with tweaking). I also play a large Gretsch Renown Maple acoustic kit (with an Alesis Sample Pad on it). Looking forward to exploring all the good tips and tricks you have to share.

Stuart

Welcome to the forum Stuart!