Author Topic: Hello  (Read 1203 times)

Hello
« on: February 01, 2016, 08:34:58 PM »
So I started drumming in September of last year, I bought myself a Simmons sd500 and booked lessons from this jazz drummer down the road. The Simmons sucked, but I needed it to appreciate the upgrade I got. I acquired a dm10 pro with surge cymbals and for christmas since I knew I was going with the dm10, I got the pro-x hi hats. I turned the hi hat into a china and got the pro-x hi hats set up. It feels like the kit I practice on at lessons, he has older hart dynamics kits with roland brains, only better since i can have it all the way I want. I do have a few questions though about the cymbals if you've read this far hehe... the bell doesn't seem to really trigger, or maybe I don't have it set right, any thoughts on the brain set up or trigger range I should be hitting?

Also, I'm moving into an apartment soon and changing to mesh heads, I'm in the U.S., what are the best I can get? Drum tec won't export
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 08:54:27 PM by Doubletr3s »

Offline rhysT

Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2016, 12:28:50 AM »
I do have a few questions though about the cymbals if you've read this far hehe... the bell doesn't seem to really trigger, or maybe I don't have it set right, any thoughts on the brain set up or trigger range I should be hitting?

The ride bell sensitivity can only be adjusted separately from the bow for all kits.. So on any of the ride cymbals with lower level bell sounds I've added the 'Big Stick' voice on the 'B' layer and tweaked it's level and tone to blend with the 'A' layer voice.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 04:14:45 AM by rhysT »

Offline Trondster

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2016, 12:44:36 AM »
You must set the Surge ride to piezo/piezo. But yes, it is a hassle to tweak it to trigger properly. I recommend putting it on a separate stand to minimize crosstalk - this makes it easier to get the trigger settings right.
DM10 Pro kit with dampened rack, extra crashes, mesh heads, Gibraltar stands, P2002C and a dream cherry snare by Diamond Drums.

« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2016, 07:54:10 PM »
You must set the Surge ride to piezo/piezo. But yes, it is a hassle to tweak it to trigger properly. I recommend putting it on a separate stand to minimize crosstalk - this makes it easier to get the trigger settings right.

Thanks! I have credit through GC so I can get a pearl to match my hi hat stand,  but I'm rather partial to my other dw gear...