Author Topic: New Guy Here  (Read 1911 times)

New Guy Here
« on: December 26, 2017, 03:14:16 PM »
Hello all, from West Virginia. I'm completely new to drumming. It has been a dream of mine to some day get drums. My wonderful wife got me  the Alesis DM10 Mkii Studio Kit.

As my username suggests I'm a HUGE Rush fan. That is the only reason I've wanted drums all these years, is to slowly learn to play Rush songs.

I look forward to learning as much as I can.

Offline VandalX

Re: New Guy Here
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2017, 09:52:56 AM »
Welcome to drumming and Alesis! I'm new to e-drums, but have been a hobbyist drummer since the mid-70s. I've been having lots of fun exploring the new kit (I have the MKII Pro). This community looks like a fantastic resource for getting the most out of your drums, and navigating the somewhat maddening Alesis ecosystem. Don't get too frustrated if you run into complications– mostly with the module setup and functions. The official Alesis support and manual are rather light on details or differentiation between models. This is particularly true for the DM10 line. So many models and differences between the modules makes for a confusing experience at times. Luckily, that's what's great about this forum!

Have fun!
Alesis DM 10 MKII Pro (with Tama Iron Cobra double). Pearl Export acoustic. Fostex VF160EX Digital multitrack (16). Fostex monitors. Roland TR-626 drum machine. Roland Juno 106 Poly synth. Aria Knight Warrior. Peavy Fury. Digitech GNX3000. Digitech RP360. Tascam Porta 05 four track. MacBook Air.

Offline Dartanbeck

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2018, 11:55:41 AM »
Awesome! I've been into RUSH for most of my life too! In fact, just lately I've been on a real Rush kick.

I bought my kit just a week or two before they introduced the new Crimson line, which was shortly before DM10 MKII. I think I might have even got the very last DM10X Mesh kit available for new purchase online. It was crazy!

In my love of Rush and other killer drummer stuff, I've been thinking lately about adding another Alesis kit to mine to nearly double the size! LOL   I've been really looking at the new Command Mesh or the DM10 MKII Studio. Mine has the 10" and 12" mesh pads, where those have the 10" and 8" pads, which would add nicely to the mix!

Sometimes I go mad looking at all of the various options!!!

But when I get behind my kit with my two bands, I am so happy to have my new Alesis kit! I've had it for nearly a year now and it's been a really treat to play!

Congrats!!!
Alesis DM10X Mesh - Laurin Drums & Cymbals - Strike Module
Dartanbeck.com Digital Artist

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2018, 04:04:55 PM »
Hi. New member from Texas here.
Your wife rocks. Congrats on your new drums!