Author Topic: Wats up guys thanks for having me! looking for some advice!  (Read 1401 times)

Wats up guys thanks for having me! looking for some advice!
« on: December 15, 2015, 06:05:41 AM »
my name is Angel Romero
i own a ALesis DM10 pro Xkit .

i recently came across this forum and i was really hoping to get some help a dive and answers!

I've been really looking into purchasing Superior drummer to make the drum sounds a lot more realistic more responsive etc. but i HAVE NO IDEA WAT I NEED in order to get up in running other the obvious by purchasing the software, I've heard that you need to have other programs to open it. also heard that i would need a VTSI i believe it was called

if anyone has Superior drummer and running it thru your dm10 module if you can plz help me and tell wat i need to do step by step ohh and btw i have a macbook pro late 2013 model computer i kno that it would be a different process if it were a windows or something like that but yeah anyway guys any help and any knowledge would be greatly appreciated thanks again

Re: Wats up guys thanks for having me! looking for some advice!
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2015, 10:35:57 AM »
Hi Angel
You can use the software standalone, but if you want to record yourself you can use Logic Pro (or any other DAW) and use Superior Drummer as a plugin.

Macbooks are quite good without an audio interface concerning latency, but if you want to go for really low latency, use a thunderbolt audio interface, e.g. Zoom TAC-2, or if you have a bigger budget, the Universal Audio Apollo Twin Thunderbolt.

By the way, you can just connect your DM10 to your macbook with a usb cable to make a midi connection.

Good luck!

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2015, 01:00:06 PM »
dritske

thanks for the reply man i areally appreciate it. i should have mentioned that I'm not really goon be using to recored myself mostly jus want to enhance my dm10 drum sound.

sense i have a macbook should i be using the garage band part of my apps or should i using a different program like you mentioned above?

as far as the vst do i need to kno anything about it in order to use and run superior drummer to my alexis dm10 module?

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2015, 01:19:27 PM »
you also mentioned standalone.

wat is that exactly I have no idea bro I'm completely new to superior drummer n how it works

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2015, 01:29:05 PM »
Superior drummer comes with a standalone application without the need for other software.
I'd say just get Superior Drummer and the right midi cable, that's basically all you need to get started. (and headphones or speakers plugged into your Macbook, not into your DM10 module).

Offline Chaser

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2015, 02:32:42 PM »
Superior Drummer needs a host...EZ Drummer 2.0 does not..
You can use Toontrack Solo if you don't have a DAW.

SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS
4GB free hard disk space, DVD drive (25GB free hard disk space for full installation).
Windows 7 or newer, Pentium 4 or Athlon processor with 2 GB RAM.
Mac OS X 10.6 or higher, Intel-based Mac with 2 GB RAM.

Audio Unit, VST, AAX or RTAS host application and professional sound card recommended.

MIDI controller such as keyboard, drum pads or electronic drum kit recommended.

http://www.toontrack.com/product/superior-drummer-2/

Offline JohnRick

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2015, 08:03:55 PM »
Superior Drummer needs a host...EZ Drummer 2.0 does not..
You can use Toontrack Solo if you don't have a DAW.

No - Superior Drummer does not necessarily need a host (DAW). It works perfectly fine with Toontrack Solo.

Offline Chaser

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2015, 09:36:41 PM »
Toontrack Solo is a standalone host..specifically for Toontrack Samplers
http://www.toontrack.com/product/toontrack-solo/