Author Topic: New NY Alesis Player - Greetings!!  (Read 1239 times)

New NY Alesis Player - Greetings!!
« on: November 24, 2015, 11:34:32 AM »
Greets all from New York!

Drumming since 1976, started with lessons from some really good local jazz drummers, played alot of rock n roll and blues rock, glam and 80s metal bands, took a long break and played infrequently through the 90s till recently.
Started rebuilding a large Vistalite kit about 5 years ago to recreate my favorite set and though I love that booming giant set I am now taking the plunge and outfitting myself with an up to date electronic set.
My first electronic set which I still own and recently took out of spiderwebs to play with (yes its still alive!) was a Yamaha PTX8, seems like a real clunker now, but it has some cool sounds.
I have an Alesis DM10X Mesh kit with Pro X HH on its way to me now and I'm looking forward to a modern edrum kit and talking about it here :)

MD
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 12:51:46 AM by magickdrum »

Offline Trondster

Re: New NY Alesis Player - Greetings!!
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2015, 12:27:06 PM »
Welcome aboard! :)
DM10 Pro kit with dampened rack, extra crashes, mesh heads, Gibraltar stands, P2002C and a dream cherry snare by Diamond Drums.

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2015, 12:51:12 AM »
Thank you!  Just waiting impatiently on my dm10x Mesh to arrive and added the Sample Pad Pro to my order since prices dropped for holidays :)

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2015, 09:22:05 PM »
Getting set up and can't wait to start playing! My DM10X Mesh arrived a few days ago and finally putting it together.  Also added the Pro X HH, Sample Pad Pro and Sample Rack so I will have lots to play with once I finally figure out a good way to  set it all up. So different from the larger sizes and concert toms up high I was used to...  Downloaded the firmware updates and getting ready to rlrr and roll ;)