Author Topic: Finally Got More Pics and Video...  (Read 2537 times)

Offline Iggford

Finally Got More Pics and Video...
« on: October 03, 2016, 12:28:16 AM »
So we finally had a good opportunity to get some more pics, and even video, of the full band.  We had a gig for a corporate party on Saturday, and the Blues Challenge that we've been practicing for the very next day.

The link to the Blues Challenge set is https://youtu.be/OAmvIdnoJbI

We were a bit out of our element in terms of stage setup.  The other bands used the already-provided back-line, but we changed the game by staying within our 10-minute setup time and 5-minute tear-down limit with my DM10 kit.  We didn't win the competition, but we were able to take a lot away.  We got great promo material for the band, as well as some open doors leading to some future gigs.

Also. here are some pics of the stage setup (our normal environment) for the corporate party we played.

Re: Finally Got More Pics and Video...
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2016, 11:08:09 AM »
Kit sounds great, awesome set up!

Offline Iggford

Re: Finally Got More Pics and Video...
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2016, 10:31:27 AM »
Kit sounds great, awesome set up!

Thanks!  The Blues Challenge that we played was the first time I've had the kit connected to a house PA system.  We normally use our own Bose system with some floor monitors.  The drum monitor was just in front of the acoustic kit that was already on stage, so, with me having to set up just down in front of that kit, the monitor was blaring directly into my left ear.  It was a bit interesting, but I was VERY impressed with the way my DM10 came across on the high-output system.

We have our first actual open-to-the-public bar gig coming up on December 3.  I'll hopefully have some more pics and video to post shortly afterward!