Author Topic: Cases - My Lucky Score  (Read 1122 times)

Offline Dartanbeck

Cases - My Lucky Score
« on: February 11, 2018, 04:49:20 PM »
One of my guitarists is amazing at manufacturing custom... anything, and is quite worldly at finding things.

When I first bought my DM10X Mesh kit, he asked me to try out a pair of cases that he had laying around for years. He and his company only used them for hauling folding chairs to and from product shows and such.

They're perfect!

I didn't have any foam to work with, but corrugated cardboard is used a lot in keeping things g-force safe, so I used that (doubled in thickness) to make the dividers, and glued black fabric over them. The Bass drum tower and Hi Hat pedal each have their own black pillow case.

I made partitions with some foam in place to both hold down the pads under them, and to hold the bells of the cymbals on top.

Alesis DM10X Mesh - Laurin Drums & Cymbals - Strike Module
Dartanbeck.com Digital Artist

Offline Dartanbeck

Re: Cases - My Lucky Score
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2018, 05:01:42 PM »
The DM10 module box has a hole cut in the bottom to accept the rack mount, then two pieces of foam hold the box high enough in the case to accommodate the mount peg that pokes out the bottom.

The cases are awesome! They each have two casters and molded in handles on the opposite end, so they can be pulled along like a dolly. But one thing I noticed when going through tight spots, while the case is upright, it easily travels perfectly sideways! If I can fit through, the case will follow, no problem, no hassle!

I still plan to revisit the cases a little. That same guitarist has found a whole bunch of flight-case foam, so I may make them more like guitar cases for my drums. These cases also allow for adaptable depth, so when I add another kit, I'll be able to add another partition to each case to hold the added pads and cymbals.

My rack folds up nicely with the cable snake nicely strapped in place. When I get a second kit for expansion, I'll beef up this rack with the rack that comes with the new kit.

A King Size Flat sheet covers my drums in the studio when not in use ;)

« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 05:07:01 PM by Dartanbeck »
Alesis DM10X Mesh - Laurin Drums & Cymbals - Strike Module
Dartanbeck.com Digital Artist