Author Topic: *NEW* Alesis Strike "Zone" and Stike "Pro"  (Read 183099 times)

Offline vaikl

Re: *NEW* Alesis Strike "Zone" and Stike "Pro"
« Reply #25 on: January 22, 2016, 09:37:50 AM »
"Internal memory is 8 Gig."

Wow, twice the amount of the DrumIt Five module. So internally it's a complete new audio engine compared to the DM10 and its 128MB. Gettin' hotter in here... ;)

Offline Khes74

« Reply #26 on: January 22, 2016, 09:43:28 AM »
For the Color, look like can be easy to change them with your own wrap, just remove the head and place your own wrap or any home made from your own .........

Just need to remove few screws and the logo mostly, the "lugs" are seperated from the wood, seem easy to do it, you put the new wrap overs the old one or remove the old one, this is minor DIY stuff.

Yeah clever idea using the free floating lug posts, but surely Alesis could have selected a more 'blokey' color wrap for their new premier edrum kits.

It's a bit like being turned off 2box because of the orange pad surrounds. At least the Drumit-3 module should be easy enough to re-skin also.

The only other company I know that makes free floating lugs is Peral, and those only come on the snare drums. Although they do that to reduce the weight on the drum to help it resonate better.

Offline Khes74

« Reply #27 on: January 22, 2016, 09:48:27 AM »
HI,
    Someone talked to the guy at Namm from vdrum forum and told him :

"Internal memory is 8 Gig. Better acoustic drum samples have 40 velocity layers with, get this, 60 horizontal layers per sample to support the round robin feature. The hi-hat is 2 plates on a stand like a VH-12/13."

This might be the module guys, 40 velocity layers + 60 horizontal layers is enough to prevent bad sound repeat..

I'm not sure about the difference between horizontal and velocity layers. All I know is AD2 has about 120 velocity layers and that has never been known for it's machine gunning.

If the internal memory is 8gig, that means you can load 8gigs worth of samples right, twice more than the 2box?

I still want to know about how many zones the hi-hat is and wether switch zones have velocity.

On a side note, the cymbals resemble Yamahas, and THANK GOD they finally started using actual bass-drum spurs on the kick-drum.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 09:51:43 AM by Khes74 »

Offline ChrisK

« Reply #28 on: January 22, 2016, 09:52:35 AM »
HI,

"Internal memory is 8 Gig. Better acoustic drum samples have 40 velocity layers with, get this, 60 horizontal layers per sample to support the round robin feature. The hi-hat is 2 plates on a stand like a VH-12/13."

This might be the module guys, 40 velocity layers + 60 horizontal layers is enough to prevent bad sound repeat..

I'm not sure about the difference between horizontal and velocity layers. All I know is AD2 has about 120 velocity layers and that has never been known for it's machine gunning.

The AD5 Video sound show about 4 sound velocity switch sound from what I can heard the variation sound?, same sound appears easily to the ears on the hard attack and mid attack, nothing near close to 120 velocity layers sample for each pad, the docs is available and read it, no sound importing, stock sound, unless things are hided? right now nothing interesting for what they promote, unless they update and reveal things we don't know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlntMTQmDjU#t=45
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 01:18:05 PM by ChrisK »

Online Hellfire

« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2016, 09:55:28 AM »
THANK YOU ALESIS!

This announcement of the "Strike" drum module is (so far) what many of us have been asking for so long. We long time DM10 users needed a legitimate upgrade path. It looks as if we finally have it.

Admittedly, I have been away for awhile. I had lost interest in electronic drumming, as I felt the industry just wasn't going anywhere. For what it's worth, Alesis has my attention once again. This is part of a totally new direction for Alesis. I'm finally looking forward to a new Alesis edrum kit.

Offline vaikl

« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2016, 09:59:21 AM »

"Horizontal" may be the wrong word here. I would prefer velocity (for playing softer/harder) and articulation (for round-robin to slightly change attack/release sounds to avoid machine gun when hitting at the same velocity level).

Offline vaikl

« Reply #31 on: January 22, 2016, 10:03:07 AM »
This announcement of the "Strike" drum module is (so far) what many of us have been asking for so long.

;) :D
We haven't asked for a complete new audio engine, or did we?? But this could be the real thing, that's f.cking right!!! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

Offline ChrisK

« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2016, 10:14:54 AM »
This announcement of the "Strike" drum module is (so far) what many of us have been asking for so long.

;) :D
We haven't asked for a complete new audio engine, or did we?? But this could be the real thing, that's f.cking right!!! 8) 8) 8) 8) 8)

I am seriously interested on this module if all result accurate, it look like shaped very well..The only module right now is above these layers is the 2Box, but 40 layers is a lots and enough for good sound drum, nothing like E-drum on the market stock sound and very limited sound velocity switch layer, Nfuse limited about 8 layers..
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 10:23:41 AM by ChrisK »

Offline Sal

« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2016, 10:33:03 AM »
We long time DM10 users needed a legitimate upgrade path. It looks as if we finally have it.

So this raises the question, will the new module be compatible with older pads? Why not, right? There's not a new input method is there?
Here this whole time I thought you were the troll with a heart of gold. Instead you're just a troll with a real troll's heart.

Offline ChrisK

« Reply #34 on: January 22, 2016, 11:15:01 AM »
THANK YOU ALESIS!

This announcement of the "Strike" drum module is (so far) what many of us have been asking for so long. We long time DM10 users needed a legitimate upgrade path. It looks as if we finally have it.

Admittedly, I have been away for awhile. I had lost interest in electronic drumming, as I felt the industry just wasn't going anywhere. For what it's worth, Alesis has my attention once again. This is part of a totally new direction for Alesis. I'm finally looking forward to a new Alesis edrum kit.

Welcome Back :) Alesis is Reading and this is the good news, I will probably buy this module if all is functional like it should...will add to my Sample Rack, jezz how many pad will be lol...

Offline Bones

« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2016, 11:31:22 AM »
I haven't been on here in forever, but the Alesis newsletter got me back to talk about this kit.

+1
A dying man needs to die, as a sleepy man needs to sleep, and there comes a time when it is wrong, as well as useless to resist.

« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2016, 11:38:59 AM »
I literally bought the dm10x mesh a month ago.... I am having such buyer remorse! 

Offline Bones

« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2016, 11:40:49 AM »
THANK YOU ALESIS!
Admittedly, I have been away for awhile. I had lost interest in electronic drumming... For what it's worth, Alesis has my attention once again.
+1

I even donated my kit to our church and started playing Bass...
A dying man needs to die, as a sleepy man needs to sleep, and there comes a time when it is wrong, as well as useless to resist.

Offline AlanK

« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2016, 11:56:21 AM »
Glad to have you back Hellfire! Understand your pain and suffering (or frustration), for sure!

I've been using Addictive for so long now I actually rarely go back to plain module alone except to tweak settings. One thing I'd like to see definitely, in a new module, would be at least two more extra inputs and getting away from a power adapter. Would much prefer them going to a simple power cord.
DM10X with Addictive Drums 2, Pro X hi-hat, 4 crashes, foam cone conversion w Roland mesh heads, Laurin Drums snare and kick, Mapex P710W double kick pedal, Mapex 2 legged hi-hat, Behringer 8 channel USB mixer, Tascam 144MK AI, Samson Expedition Escape powered speakers

« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2016, 12:07:28 PM »
The new brain looks very cool! It can do 8 audio outputs. Finally, recording without midi!

Offline Khes74

« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2016, 01:03:04 PM »

"Horizontal" may be the wrong word here. I would prefer velocity (for playing softer/harder) and articulation (for round-robin to slightly change attack/release sounds to avoid machine gun when hitting at the same velocity level).

Yes, that makes much more sense. Regardless it's seem like this new module only has 1/2 of the velocity levels of AD2 so I'm curious towards how it will sound. I've never heard of companies advertising this anti-machine gunning in terms on levels though.

Offline ChrisK

« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2016, 01:08:48 PM »

Yes, that makes much more sense. Regardless it's seem like this new module only has 1/2 of the velocity levels of AD2 so I'm curious towards how it will sound. I've never heard of companies advertising this anti-machine gunning in terms on levels though.

Perhaps AD5 can show more demo and information on the units these demo are not convincing on youtube, I can clearly heard repetitive sound and no talk about importing your wav.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 01:17:32 PM by ChrisK »

Offline Khes74

« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2016, 01:10:43 PM »
HI,

The AD2 Video sound show about 4 sound velocity switch sound from what I can heard the variation sound?, same sound appears easily to the ears on the hard attack and mid attack, nothing near close to 120 velocity layers sample for each pad, the docs is available and read it, no sound importing, stock sound, unless things are hided? right now nothing interesting for what they promote, unless they update and reveal things we don't know.

You posted a video to ATV, not AD2? If you look in the AD2 program you will see each instrument goes from 0-127.

Offline ChrisK

« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2016, 01:15:17 PM »
HI,

The AD2 Video sound show about 4 sound velocity switch sound from what I can heard the variation sound?, same sound appears easily to the ears on the hard attack and mid attack, nothing near close to 120 velocity layers sample for each pad, the docs is available and read it, no sound importing, stock sound, unless things are hided? right now nothing interesting for what they promote, unless they update and reveal things we don't know.

You posted a video to ATV, not AD2? If you look in the AD2 program you will see each instrument goes from 0-127.

ATV is the company that make AD5 is the same you talked? http://www.atvcorporation.com/en/products/drums/ad5/

Maybe you talked to the software editor, which I don't know where it is..to download
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 01:26:53 PM by ChrisK »

« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2016, 01:17:54 PM »
I wonder, at the very least, if the cymbals can be used on a DM10 (single or double zone)?

Definitely my question too!  I'm still pretty happy with my DM10X, but the cymbals are an area that would be my first upgrade consideration.  Also can't wait to see what the new "brain" provides.

Offline Khes74

« Reply #45 on: January 22, 2016, 01:20:19 PM »
HI,

ATV is the company that make AD5 is the same you talked? http://www.atvcorporation.com/en/products/drums/ad5/

Addictive Drums 2 not ATV.

Offline ChrisK

« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2016, 01:25:32 PM »
Oh, The original VST, well this is another story, original VST are unique, but at least hardware start to adapt them, with SDSE at least you can imports all wav from any VST  to wav and transfert them on module like 2box and now Alesis..

Offline Th3R00st3r

« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2016, 02:49:47 PM »
“I’ve been playing electronic drums for over 35 years and there has never been a more powerful, capable electronic drum set than Strike. Drummers are going to love these,” said Tim Root, Global Percussion Product Manager for Alesis. “The Strike kits sound, feel, play and look amazing. We firmly believe that Strike marks a turning point for today’s drummer and modern percussion just won’t be the same from this day forward.”

The Strike Zone and Strike Pro kits will be available in Q2 2016

MSRPs will be £1149.99 (@ $1600 US and £1749.99 $2500 US respectively.

http://www.musictech.net/2016/01/namm-2016-alesis-launch-new-products/
« Last Edit: January 22, 2016, 03:43:46 PM by Th3R00st3r »
th3r00st3r-Alesis DM10 Studio w/mesh head conversion (billy blast 2ply) and snare stand.

Offline vaikl

« Reply #48 on: January 22, 2016, 03:18:19 PM »
The Strike Zone and Strike Pro kits will be available in Q2 2016

MSRPs will be £1149.99 (@ $1600 US and £1749.99 $2500 US respectively.

A first Euro price: Gear4music offers the Pro for 2,250,65 Euro (weird price ;) ) and named it "Streik" (which is a labour strike here  ;D ;D )

Online Hellfire

« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2016, 03:46:11 PM »
Just incase you guys missed the "Strike Zone kit" video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuJ4EtPZZ_I
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 12:08:40 PM by Hellfire »