Author Topic: Hi-hat  (Read 2645 times)

Offline VandalX

Hi-hat
« on: April 15, 2018, 10:09:48 PM »
Okay, so is there some way to adjust the hi-hat to play semi-open, without having to keep my foot on the pedal? Splashy but not fully open. I can get the sound I want depressing it half way, but it becomes uneven as I move around the drums. I know, technique and all. I'm just wondering if it's a setting I can adjust in the trigger settings, or outside the module (I'm using AD2).

My hi-hat is just a lowly rack mounted unit with a separate pedal. It came with my DM10 MKII Pro, and I've yet to find a suitable upgrade. I have other issues to solve first.However, today was the first day in over a week that NO triggers broke! My repairs seem to be working (knock on birch).

Thanks!
Alesis DM 10 MKII Pro (with Tama Iron Cobra double). Pearl Export acoustic. Fostex VF160EX Digital multitrack (16). Fostex monitors. Roland TR-626 drum machine. Roland Juno 106 Poly synth. Aria Knight Warrior. Peavy Fury. Digitech GNX3000. Digitech RP360. Tascam Porta 05 four track. MacBook Air.

Offline Purpledc

Re: Hi-hat
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2018, 08:56:01 AM »
not that I know of.  The only way would be to import a sample of that exact sound and assign it to your open hi hat sound.

Offline VandalX

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2018, 09:48:57 AM »
Thanks, Purple. I'll play around with the settings in AD2. I'm pretty sure I can make something work there.
Alesis DM 10 MKII Pro (with Tama Iron Cobra double). Pearl Export acoustic. Fostex VF160EX Digital multitrack (16). Fostex monitors. Roland TR-626 drum machine. Roland Juno 106 Poly synth. Aria Knight Warrior. Peavy Fury. Digitech GNX3000. Digitech RP360. Tascam Porta 05 four track. MacBook Air.

Offline rhysT

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2018, 06:34:41 PM »
Okay, so is there some way to adjust the hi-hat to play semi-open, without having to keep my foot on the pedal? Splashy but not fully open. I can get the sound I want depressing it half way, but it becomes uneven as I move around the drums. I know, technique and all. I'm just wondering if it's a setting I can adjust in the trigger settings, or outside the module (I'm using AD2).

My hi-hat is just a lowly rack mounted unit with a separate pedal. It came with my DM10 MKII Pro, and I've yet to find a suitable upgrade.

Check out some hi-hat pedal control options in this topic: http://www.alesisdrummer.com/index.php?topic=2244.msg16623#msg16623
« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 10:40:12 PM by rhysT »

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2018, 10:00:39 PM »
Simple does not equal easy.

Offline VandalX

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2018, 10:07:41 PM »
That's a price that warrants a test. GoEdrum sells triggers, too, and I've been happy with them in my repair endeavors. I have an okay hi hat stand I could try this on and see if it makes sense to upgrade that hardware as well. Then I'd have another crash cymbal as well.

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2018, 12:07:12 PM »
That's a price that warrants a test. GoEdrum sells triggers, too, and I've been happy with them in my repair endeavors. I have an okay hi hat stand I could try this on and see if it makes sense to upgrade that hardware as well. Then I'd have another crash cymbal as well.

Did you pick up that high hat trigger from Amazon?  I'm interested in how it worked out.

Offline Purpledc

« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2018, 04:48:19 PM »

Did you pick up that high hat trigger from Amazon?  I'm interested in how it worked out.

hi hat trigger or hi hat controller? the go edrum hi hat controller is amazing. 

« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2018, 07:58:57 PM »

Think I'll pick that up next time I'm making an Amazon order.

hi hat trigger or hi hat controller? the go edrum hi hat controller is amazing.

« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2018, 07:19:51 PM »
Use a drop clutch