Author Topic: Simmons eDrums with MESH PADS!!!  (Read 2658 times)

Online Hellfire

Simmons eDrums with MESH PADS!!!
« on: April 01, 2017, 11:00:58 PM »
Back on January 09, 2017 I posted this:

Simmons making moves!! SD1500 Discontinued?!

I had a feeling this meant bigger things for Simmons and look what's on GuitarCenter.com (parent company of Simmons Drums):

Simmons 5 PIECE ELECTRONIC KIT WITH MESH PADS

$1299.99 and no picture yet but they state 7/17/17 as the ship date. Looks like 2017 is going to be a good year for edrummers.  :D

I have a good feeling about this.

BTW, it is also listed on musiciansfriend.com: Simmons 5 PIECE ELECTRONIC KIT WITH MESH PADS
« Last Edit: April 01, 2017, 11:03:43 PM by Hellfire »

Offline ChrisK

Re: Simmons eDrums with MESH PADS!!!
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2017, 11:19:47 PM »
Did you think it will use the tech of strike module?

Online Hellfire

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2017, 11:22:17 PM »

Nope. I have a feeling that Simmons will have their own new module and not some rebrand like they have had in the past. Call it a gut feeling.  ;)

Offline ChrisK

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2017, 03:47:12 PM »

Nope. I have a feeling that Simmons will have their own new module and not some rebrand like they have had in the past. Call it a gut feeling.  ;)

links... been removed, weird..

Online Hellfire

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2017, 05:10:38 PM »

I had a feeling that might happen. It's not the first time I've posted something on alesisDrummer/DMdrummer from these sites and it was taken down. It's a good thing I decided to take a screen grab of the webpage 8) :

Offline Chaser

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2017, 05:37:22 PM »

I had a feeling that might happen. It's not the first time I've posted something on alesisDrummer/DMdrummer from these sites and it was taken down. It's a good thing I decided to take a screen grab of the webpage 8) :

As did I...Listed too soon for Summer NAMM?

Woodwind and Brasswind listed the kit..I was browsing while in Phoenix airport over the weekend..there were 2 pages..1 with MPN:SD2000..1 without.
I also had taken screen shots of the top and bottom of the page and wrote down the sku.

This page/pt# is still active...just hidden...enter J52682000000000 in the search.
http://www.wwbw.com/Simmons-5-PIECE-ELECTRONIC-KIT-WITH-MESH-PADS-J52682.wwbw?skuId=site8skuJ52682000000000

Makes you wonder if the site is being monitored..lol

;D

« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 06:11:00 PM by Chaser »

Online Hellfire

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2017, 09:19:42 PM »

Simmons doesn't do NAMM mainly because they are Guitar Center. That's why the only way to find out what Simmons is doing is to check the Guitar Center catalog. (and any other Guitar Center own property like Musicians Friend and guessing Woodwind and Brasswind). Only Simmons is sold from Guitar Center owned properties.

Woodwind and Brasswind listed the kit..I was browsing while in Phoenix airport over the weekend..there were 2 pages..1 with MPN:SD2000..1 without.
I also had taken screen shots of the top and bottom of the page and wrote down the sku.

This page/pt# is still active...just hidden...enter J52682000000000 in the search.
http://www.wwbw.com/Simmons-5-PIECE-ELECTRONIC-KIT-WITH-MESH-PADS-J52682.wwbw?skuId=site8skuJ52682000000000
Great minds think alike.  ;)

I'm sure it is on some level. As a matter of fact I'm sure many in the industry (edrums) keeps tabs on all the forum,Facebooks and the like.

Offline Chaser

« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2017, 10:40:28 PM »

Simmons doesn't do NAMM mainly because they are Guitar Center. That's why the only way to find out what Simmons is doing is to check the Guitar Center catalog. (and any other Guitar Center own property like Musicians Friend and guessing Woodwind and Brasswind). Only Simmons is sold from Guitar Center owned properties.

Great minds think alike.  ;)

I'm sure it is on some level. As a matter of fact I'm sure many in the industry (edrums) keeps tabs on all the forum,Facebooks and the like.

They all ship out of same distribution centers in CA,IN Fl.MO etc..mainly the central one in Kansas City.The "West Coast"one opened out here in Cali in Rialto last year...., parent company was Bain Capital or Ares Management.I haven't checked in a couple years...I couldn't keep up.
I was waiting for Bain Capital to run them all into the ground like they did with companies in the past .I had a lot of stock in GC...until Bain Capital took over.
For years some of the catalogs were the same...just different covers.

Guitar Center's sister companies/subsidiaries incorporate Music & Arts Center, Musician's Friend, GuitarCenter.com, LMI, Giardinelli, Musician.com, Private Reserve Guitars, Woodwind and Brasswind  Music123,Harmony Central (until Gibson bought them)the rights to Simmons trademark...maybe more by now..or less..lol.

this brief article pretty much sums it all up..couple years or so old .
http://www.nakedcapitalism.com/2014/08/guitar-center-private-equitys-magical-growth-curve.html

« Last Edit: April 05, 2017, 08:26:04 AM by Chaser »