Author Topic: Bass DRUM with DOUBLE BASS DW 5000  (Read 2398 times)

Offline einarabelc5

Bass DRUM with DOUBLE BASS DW 5000
« on: January 10, 2012, 07:56:24 PM »
Hey Guys,

The DM10 comes and CLAIMS it is compatible with Double Bass drums. Don't get me wrong, the trigger registers BUT the mechanics are what worry me.

The DW 5000 Double is so High I basically have to LIFT the bass triger to attach it to the pedal this produces two problems.

The trigger wobbles when hit consecutively by the two beaters.
The trigger slides out of the pedal no matter how TIGHT I tighten it.

I have been trying different configurations but haven't found a solution I am satisfied with although I've improved it a little beat.

I was wondering if someone here came up with an effective solution to it.

Thank You in advance.

Re: Bass DRUM with DOUBLE BASS DW 5000
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2012, 01:57:45 PM »
can you post a pic of the way your kick and pad look like?
How high do you have your beaters set? would it be possible to lower the actual beater head itself?
DM10 Pro kit, Mesh Heads, Quad Kicks, Dampened Rack, Extra Roland Crashes.

Offline einarabelc5

Re: Bass DRUM with DOUBLE BASS DW 5000
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2012, 06:10:19 PM »
can you post a pic of the way your kick and pad look like?
How high do you have your beaters set? would it be possible to lower the actual beater head itself?

Maybe I'm not using the correct wording. The Bass trigger because it HAS to be lifted from the ground in order to Be attached to the pedal. That's totally independent from the beaters. The beaters can be moved up and down but that would be detrimental to the playing itself because of my own body size and weight.
Moving them down will reduce the momentum with which they hit the bass drum and somewhat diminish the problem. Thanks for the suggestion. On the other hand that'll make my playing uncomfortable.