Author Topic: Crimson Toms, Snare and Bass Drum  (Read 1577 times)

Crimson Toms, Snare and Bass Drum
« on: August 23, 2016, 03:02:54 PM »
Can anyone comment on how these compare to the other Alesis mesh drums and our mesh conversions? Wondering how they would be if connected to the DM10.

Re: Crimson Toms, Snare and Bass Drum
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2016, 10:08:31 AM »
hy strato
(i have one too  :))

Yeah, SOORRRYYY, you are waiting soo long, now their is an reply (mine) but all i can say is:

I´D   LIKE TO KNOW THAT TOO.

by the way: is the playability (x-talk, response a.s.o.) with the new Alesis DMX mesh kit better as with the model with mylar heads?

or:

is the HELLFIRE - conversion (i say "HF-System")  better / more reliabel / exacter / than the new X mesh kit? So that one is better off, buying the (used) mylar DM10? (i know the "X" is larger, but i would prefer a more reliable system over size)

the Karlchen from Germany

sorry again that this is no answer to your question
(friends, folks, users, people of the world, where are you??)

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2016, 04:07:20 PM »
I can answer my own question. I can recommend the Crimson drums. They work great with the DM10 and only minor tweaking is needed. I would buy these drums rather than go with a mesh center cone conversion. No significant x-talk, response or hot spot issues with the Crimson drums. I can't compare to the Hellfire conversion since I used the center cone conversion on my DM10 kit.

« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2016, 04:30:45 AM »
thank´s so much (light on the tunnel)

i´m very new to e-drums - to drums ether. Glad to hear that their are less issues with settings! VERY GLAD

One single question: crimson hardware with DM10 !!! That was not exactly what i wanted to know, but interessting.

WHY that? are the sounds on the DM better (i wouldn´t need the many (1000) samples) . Or because you have a DM10 module? For me it´s a complete new purchase.
So, i could buy the complete NEW Crimson set.
A DM 10, even the "X"  would be available in germany used for less money: older Mylar Set´s for about 500 Euro to DM X mesh about 750 Euro´s

Normaly I buy used, but 1000 for new gear is o.k. too!

« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2016, 04:14:37 PM »
I already had the DM10 module and kit (with mylar heads). The Crimson drums were an addition (upgrade). Not sure if there is a difference in the design of the DM10X mesh and Crimson mesh drums. If so, I would choose the newer Crimson drums. Also, the Crimson module may be a better choice for a beginner as the DM10 module is complex and takes a long time to learn how to operate.