Author Topic: New Owner of DM10 from the UK  (Read 1588 times)

New Owner of DM10 from the UK
« on: August 26, 2018, 07:26:02 AM »
Hi guys

I've joined the forum to find out more about the DM10 kit as I have just bought one (that had some issues) quite cheaply. I've done some basic fixes and got myself a working kit that needs some more work still so I figured why not go where the 'drum brains' (pun intended) are!  ::) 8)

I'm based in the East of England, have minimal drumming experience though I've had lessons in the past. Middle aging at mid 40's and looking to make psychedelic music.

One thing before I post in appropriate places my questions... What brought me to this site was trying to find manuals and google landed me at this page:
http://www.alesisdrummer.com/index.php?topic=3.0

Many of the links for DM10 related manuals and software are not working. I've put the errors below :)

DM10 Studio Kit QuickStart Guide 2011 (RevF) - 404 not found
• DM10 Studio Kit QuickStart Guide 2010 (RevB) - 404 not found
• DM10 Pro Kit Assembly Guide (RevC) - 404 not found
• DM10 Module QuickStart Guide (RevB) - 404 not found
• DM10 Operator's Manual (RevC) - working
• DM10 Sound ROM Update (v1.03) with App Update (v1.00p) (large file, may take time to download) - 404 not found
• DM10 Input Options - working
• DM10 Trigger Type Compatibility working
• DM10 Published NRPN working
• DM10 Midi Note Map (contributed by zendrumdude) woorking
• DMEditor - software
- site not found

Offline Hellfire

Re: New Owner of DM10 from the UK
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2018, 12:34:00 PM »
Hi guys

I've joined the forum to find out more about the DM10 kit as I have just bought one (that had some issues) quite cheaply. I've done some basic fixes and got myself a working kit that needs some more work still so I figured why not go where the 'drum brains' (pun intended) are!  ::) 8)

I'm based in the East of England, have minimal drumming experience though I've had lessons in the past. Middle aging at mid 40's and looking to make psychedelic music.

One thing before I post in appropriate places my questions... What brought me to this site was trying to find manuals and google landed me at this page:
http://www.alesisdrummer.com/index.php?topic=3.0

Many of the links for DM10 related manuals and software are not working. I've put the errors below :)

DM10 Studio Kit QuickStart Guide 2011 (RevF) - 404 not found
• DM10 Studio Kit QuickStart Guide 2010 (RevB) - 404 not found
• DM10 Pro Kit Assembly Guide (RevC) - 404 not found
• DM10 Module QuickStart Guide (RevB) - 404 not found
• DM10 Operator's Manual (RevC) - working
• DM10 Sound ROM Update (v1.03) with App Update (v1.00p) (large file, may take time to download) - 404 not found
• DM10 Input Options - working
• DM10 Trigger Type Compatibility working
• DM10 Published NRPN working
• DM10 Midi Note Map (contributed by zendrumdude) woorking
• DMEditor - software
- site not found

Welcome to the forum Hazy Jay!

Unfortunately Alesis likes to move those file around. This is the third time this year I've had to update those locations. They are getting harder and harder to find on their web site since the DM10 is discontinued. I've updated the links once again. Not sure how long they will be current. The "DM10 Studio Kit QuickStart Guide 2010 (RevB)" no longer exists on the Alesis site, so I removed the link all together. Unfortunately DMeditor Software is no longer distributed or supported. I left is listed but it is no longer a link to anything and I added a note stating it is no longer distributed or supported. I hope that helps and welcome to the forum.