Author Topic: Rubber tipped drumsticks on mesh heads?  (Read 1266 times)

Offline ironman187

Rubber tipped drumsticks on mesh heads?
« on: June 22, 2018, 05:23:40 PM »
As the title states, is it a bad idea to use rubber tipped sticks on mesh heads? While looking on the evil empire's website (Guitar Center) for shock absorbing sticks to use on my kit, I stumbled across Vic Firth "Chop-Out" Practice Sticks. These are rubber tipped sticks meant for quiet practice on virtually any surface. They would be great on my surge cymbals, but what will they do to my mesh heads?

Re: Rubber tipped drumsticks on mesh heads?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2018, 09:44:59 PM »
Interesting question and I have no clue to the answer. I just bought a set of plastic drum sticks that change color. I was wondering the same thing.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00IA04EPY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

They are very cool. Turn out all the lights and play Inna Gadda Da Vida or Wipe Out or any drum solo and it just looks fantastic. However they are a few inches longer than normal sticks so they are a bit weird to play with, but after a week I have gotten used to them.

Offline ironman187

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2018, 11:50:46 PM »
Nylon tiped sticks are usually the go to for mesh head drums, I can't see why plastic sticks would l be a problem.

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2018, 04:36:06 AM »
Nylon tiped sticks are usually the go to for mesh head drums, I can't see why plastic sticks would l be a problem.
I can't see it as a problem and after using them for a week the snare still looks new. I just thought there would be no harm in asking since I am new to edrums.