Author Topic: re: DMHAT pedal should it work on the DM6?  (Read 2849 times)

re: DMHAT pedal should it work on the DM6?
« on: March 24, 2012, 12:25:46 PM »
Hi Guys, I recently bought the DMHAT pedal off the well known auction site in the UK. I have plugged it into the Hi Hat Controller input on the DM6 (breakout Cable StereoJack Plug to Controller). Unfortunatley the Module does not register that the pedal is connected? If you short out the Jack plug from the module the sounds do trigger of the open and closed Hat.

How does the pedal actually operate? I don't think it uses piezo's? I had a quick look in the area just underneath the top of the foot plate and there is a piece of clear perspex with silver foil on it. So I am geussing that it must be using an LED to create a lightbeam?

Can anyone help? Thanks Cozy :o

Re: re: DMHAT pedal should it work on the DM6?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2012, 05:24:47 PM »
Anyone????????????? :'(

Online Hellfire

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2012, 07:48:08 PM »
Yes, the DMhat should work with the DM6. If it doesn't, you might have a bad cable.

From the Alesis website:

This hi-hat control pedal give you traditional hi-hat feel for controlling open/closed sounds with virtually all e-percussion modules and devices including the DM6, DM5, Trigger|iO, PercPad, SamplePad, PerformancePadand ControlPad. It has a full-size, die-cast footboard for professional durability, a slim profile that fits perfectly next to double-bass pedals, and integrated spikes and velcro for holding its position on carpet. You can also use the DMHat Pedal as a bass drum trigger for modules that have switch inputs including the ControlPad and PerformancePad.

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2012, 12:58:10 PM »
Thanks Hf. I have tested the cable by shorting the tip & sleeve & the ring & sleeve and the sounds do work. But, I think the pedal has the fault do you know how the pedal actually does the switching action? The Dm6 uses a break out connector to a stereo 1/4" jack plug. I have not had the chance to open the pedal yet?

Online Hellfire

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2012, 04:20:03 PM »
The pedal just has a simple momentary switch in it. I guess the Pedal could be bad. If I were you, I'd contact Alesis with this issue if it is under warranty.

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2012, 12:48:50 PM »
Thanks again HF, unfortunately, it was purchased second hand. but I will strip it down and have a look. Thanks for your advice. ;)