Author Topic: Rim trigger not working but hitting shell underside does  (Read 2223 times)

Rim trigger not working but hitting shell underside does
« on: February 21, 2012, 04:00:05 PM »
Anyone else have an issue w/ the rim triggers on their 8 in pads? I have one where the rim won't trigger at all but hitting the pad mount or underside of shell does activate the rim sound. Any thoughts here? ???

Much thanks!

Offline Trondster

Re: Rim trigger not working but hitting shell underside does
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 04:09:35 PM »
Trigger settings.

Do the pad head trigger when you hit the rim, or does nothing happen at all?

You should be able to tweak the sensitivity, threshold and xtalk settings to get it working. You probably need to increase the sensitivity of the rim trigger.
DM10 Pro kit with dampened rack, extra crashes, mesh heads, Gibraltar stands, P2002C and a dream cherry snare by Diamond Drums.

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2012, 09:22:40 AM »
Thanks Trondster. No, the rim doesn't trigger the pad sound until I increase the sensitivity and then I'm getting cross talk. But adjusting the sensitivity has not seemed to solve it. . . Good thought though. Anything else to try?

I actually then removed the head/shell to ensure all leads were connected and all mechanical issues seem to be solid. Really baffled here.

Offline Trondster

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2012, 09:45:35 AM »
When you get cross talk instead of a non-functioning trigger you are on the right track - then you can remove the cross talk and get the triggers to perform as they should.

Remember - the response of the head and rim triggers come from the combination of the rim and head trigger settings - sensitivity, threshold, xtalk send, xtalk receive and zone xtalk.

Keep at it, and you'll get it working. :)
DM10 Pro kit with dampened rack, extra crashes, mesh heads, Gibraltar stands, P2002C and a dream cherry snare by Diamond Drums.