Author Topic: Hello from Monterrey, Mexico  (Read 1585 times)

Hello from Monterrey, Mexico
« on: October 17, 2016, 07:37:59 PM »
Hello.
I am a new forum user. I´ve been using Alesis DM10 studio for 2 years now, but I feel like I haven´t exploited it´s full potential. Specially setting a custom sound. I am about to use my set on a live stage but I am not pretty sure if it´s a good idea. Any tips are welcome!

Re: Hello from Monterrey, Mexico
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2016, 11:06:55 PM »
Tighten everything!   Stage vibration is a nastylish beast for mistriggering.

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2016, 09:11:00 AM »
Great tip, thanks!

Offline Hellfire

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2016, 09:32:48 AM »
Welcome to the forum fguerra!

Keep in mind you will need to adjust your trigger settings once you start playing live on stage do to the stage volume. Loud noise can (and will) set off your triggers. Rehearsing in a live stage setting is key to give yourself the opportunity to properly adjust your trigger settings.

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2016, 02:08:34 PM »
Hello.
I am a new forum user. I´ve been using Alesis DM10 studio for 2 years now, but I feel like I haven´t exploited it´s full potential. Specially setting a custom sound. I am about to use my set on a live stage but I am not pretty sure if it´s a good idea. Any tips are welcome!

Bienvenido brother, DM-10 is a great module, I'd advise you to use the layering (stacking) capabilities of the module, that way you can get a better, more dynamic sounds from you drumkit; be patiente and get to know the module.  It's a very underrated module, keep up the good work.   The drums would be fine live, for looks I would advise you to use an acoustic bass drum.  If you plan on using the kickpad dont forget to put some velcro so it wont slip, and of course playing on a carpet is the way to go.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 02:13:23 PM by OuthumanDrummer »

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2016, 11:53:19 PM »
I play out with mine 2 to 6 times month.  As stated... TIGHTEN EVERYTHING!  Make sure all of the legs are firm on the stage and there isn't an unstable one.  Also be prepared to set your threshold higher to start.  Keep the stage volume to a minimum as well.  Make sure you give yourself plenty of headroom on each drum.  Play one of the demo tracks with the set you will be most using (minus the accompanying track) and go take a listen from the FOH.  Adjust accordingly. Besides the basics of extra cords and whatnot, thats it for now... have fun! 
« Last Edit: November 02, 2016, 11:55:32 PM by rocdrummer »