Author Topic: Custom E-Kit  (Read 1630 times)

Custom E-Kit
« on: December 09, 2016, 07:27:22 AM »
Good morning!
Just joined this forum however a little background:
I currently have a dm10 studio kit that I did my own mesh head conversion using the rim of the Mylar head and screen door material. It worked great and really brought the kit to life however after about a year of owning it and now starting to close on a house of my very own ill will now have more space to do as I please. So in the coming months I will be compiling a project of turning my old acoustic kit into a fully custom e kit. I've been doing a lot of reasearch on these and have come to the conclusion that I will be retrofitting the shells and crafting my very own acrylic cymbals for all the triggers. Trying to make this feel as real as possible. Any advice you guys have to offer will be a great help. Something I've been pondering however is trying to take the dm10 module and all the guts inside it and retrofitting it into a rack mount enclosure. I may find a cheap one on eBay as to spare my current working module to try it out. Stay tuned as pictures will be posted as well as videos.