Author Topic: Pearl MIMIC Pro  (Read 33590 times)

Offline rhysT

Re: Pearl MIMIC Pro
« Reply #75 on: January 21, 2017, 01:10:32 PM »
Another one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFeGUpz9Y1U

Yeah, I'll have a full serve of what he's having thanks!   8)

Offline ChrisK

« Reply #76 on: January 23, 2017, 10:32:44 PM »
some function and instruments selection, I counted 24 bass drum type on page 1 and 2, most likely will have around 20-25 snare drum as well etc..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JEy7OSaMlQ
« Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 10:43:42 PM by ChrisK »

Offline ChrisK

« Reply #77 on: January 24, 2017, 10:43:27 PM »
L&M in Canada will have Pearl MIMIC PRO, around May\ June for 2900+ tax, Roland Td-50 cost 3300+ tax, we might see MIMIC in Europe as well, look like they changed their plans.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2017, 12:18:55 AM by ChrisK »

Offline ChrisK

« Reply #78 on: January 25, 2017, 11:59:56 PM »
About Mimic, someone reported from vdrum, meet CEO of Pearl at NAMM, he did mention they are already working with other drum VST manufacturers to get their stuff added as libraries later on.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2017, 12:03:26 AM by ChrisK »

Offline Dobly

« Reply #79 on: January 29, 2017, 06:44:06 PM »
About Mimic, someone reported from vdrum, meet CEO of Pearl at NAMM, he did mention they are already working with other drum VST manufacturers to get their stuff added as libraries later on.

Damn that would be so awesome.. Imagine if you could load more than one VST at a time. Say have all the snare drums from Slate and Addictive loaded at once for example!! What about layering a snare from one with the snare from another VST?

Mimic Pro 2 perhaps :)

If none of this and you can only load one VST at a time it is still a killer feature.

Offline ChrisK

« Reply #80 on: January 29, 2017, 07:06:13 PM »

Damn that would be so awesome.. Imagine if you could load more than one VST at a time. Say have all the snare drums from Slate and Addictive loaded at once for example!! What about layering a snare from one with the snare from another VST?

Mimic Pro 2 perhaps :)

If none of this and you can only load one VST at a time it is still a killer feature.

remember the mimic software side is not SSD5, but one build for universal instruments added, it's the base software used, it's not separate VST, only new instruments are loaded in the library instrument list. You will able to do it anyway either with partner or with the MIMIC Instruments editor to imports external 3rd' party vst with sdse software, after release.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 03:47:30 AM by ChrisK »

Offline Dobly

« Reply #81 on: January 29, 2017, 07:24:40 PM »
Thanks Chris. Sure looks like a fine module. Either this or the Strike will be a huge upgrade from my ancient DM10.

For me personally my first drum kit (back in 1968) was a Pearl. I was 5.  For that reason I'd go for the Mimic over the Strike. Man if I can afford a Mimic I'd even redo the shells on my much modded DM10 kit with the same mother of pearl covering that was on my first kit.

At that point I would loose the Alesis branding on the front of my bass drum and put the Pearl title there.

I feel a new DIY project coming along. :)

Offline ChrisK

« Reply #82 on: February 02, 2017, 04:35:54 AM »
Confirmed from Pearl: Derek Wolfford Marketing Manager of Integrated Media: Pearl MIMIC will be available in Europe as well.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 06:57:34 PM by ChrisK »

Offline ChrisK

« Reply #83 on: April 11, 2017, 01:08:13 PM »
Old video from winter namm, sound from camera, but some interface show, loading kit with mimic is about 2-3 sec for GB, loading individual instruments is about instantaneously.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwUIHCwfS74
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 01:16:46 PM by ChrisK »

Offline ChrisK

« Reply #84 on: May 01, 2017, 07:05:01 PM »
Thanks Chris. Sure looks like a fine module. Either this or the Strike will be a huge upgrade from my ancient DM10.

For me personally my first drum kit (back in 1968) was a Pearl. I was 5.  For that reason I'd go for the Mimic over the Strike. Man if I can afford a Mimic I'd even redo the shells on my much modded DM10 kit with the same mother of pearl covering that was on my first kit.

At that point I would loose the Alesis branding on the front of my bass drum and put the Pearl title there.

I feel a new DIY project coming along. :)

You can have it at 1975$ now with coupon, I made my pad with DIY, Roland cymbal and waiting MIMIC, users wav multilayered imports editor is in the works already, this combinations would be the best for the buck on quality in the market for me, high vst 24bits quality default sound, fully editable and universal triggering,  future update later etc.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 03:48:30 AM by ChrisK »

Offline ChrisK

« Reply #85 on: May 09, 2017, 02:38:49 PM »
Best price now for mimic is 1899$ at edrumcenter, after phone call.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2017, 07:41:55 PM by ChrisK »

Offline ChrisK

« Reply #86 on: June 02, 2017, 03:51:04 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/p/BU2TpEkgIZ1/

Those who pre-ordered Pearl’s new Mimic Pro drum module, thank you for your confidence and patience. The wait is almost over. Pearl USA will begin receiving its first supply of Mimic Pro the week of June 12th and will immediately ship units to dealers across the country as they are received.

Due to overwhelming interest, our first shipment of Mimic Pro is completely sold out. However, everyone who pre-ordered Mimic from an Authorized Pearl USA Dealer on or before June 1st should receive a unit from the first shipment. The next shipment will soon follow and is currently scheduled for the third week of July.

A detailed user manual, along with a Quick Start Video Guide will be available for viewing and download prior to customers receiving the units. In the coming weeks, we will also be posting how-to’s, advanced tips, and other videos designed to provide users greater insight into the full potential of the advanced features offered by Mimic Pro.

Please check our website, YouTube channel, online user forum and social media outlets for these informational updates as they are posted.

Again, thank you for your patience and we look forward to hearing from users sharing their experiences with Mimic Pro.

Online Sharkuel

« Reply #87 on: June 03, 2017, 06:14:45 AM »
Finally the edrum market is upping their game.

2Box was ambicious, but lacked the exposure brands like Roland or Pearl have on the market.

This is indeed a game changer, and Roland should watch out. They are already loosing to Alesis, the Strike Pro after the updates is selling like porkbuns. Now Pearl releases this monster.

This is coming up to be a great year to E-Drumming, and the best is that the elites (Roland and Yamaha) aren't the ones to call the shots here.
Megadrum 32 inputs with positional sensing add-on.

Cone centered DIY triggers in snare and toms.

8" racktom
10" racktom
12" racktom
14" floortom

Roland VH13
Lemon Cymbals

"Life is short, death is near, but one's word lives forever

Offline rhysT

« Reply #88 on: June 15, 2017, 05:38:03 PM »
There's some more encouraging news on vdrums forum about availability of the Mimic Pro module and manual real soon:
https://www.vdrums.com/forum/general/products/1133133-official-pearl-mimic-pro-discussion-topic?p=1159679#post1159679

However the same can't be said about release of Slate Drums 5: https://www.gearslutz.com/board/music-computers/982501-any-news-stevens-slate-drums-5-a-15.html#post12681526
« Last Edit: June 15, 2017, 05:45:05 PM by rhysT »

Offline ChrisK

« Reply #89 on: June 15, 2017, 10:13:49 PM »
Module are shipped today to retailers store..

Offline prentir

Re: Pearl MIMIC
« Reply #90 on: June 17, 2017, 10:53:15 AM »
This is a game changer.

What fine looking module with it's IPS screen and 64gb SSD.

Damn, an SSD is an SSD. If can run a 64gb one it can most likely run a 500gb or more SSD.
Not necessarily Dolby.  Depends on how the drive is accessed by the OS... Same reason why equipment can access 64MB SDHC but not larger! 
Alesis Strike Pro, DW 9000 double kick, DW 9399 Heavy Duty Snare Stand, DW 9500 Heavy Duty 2-leg Hi-Hat Stand plus 2 x DW9700 Cymbal stands and a DW 9000 Low boom Ride Cymbal Stand for expansion. Researching Jobeky 18" Crash & 20" Ride.

Offline ChrisK

Re: Pearl MIMIC
« Reply #91 on: June 17, 2017, 11:32:30 AM »
This is a game changer.

What fine looking module with it's IPS screen and 64gb SSD.

Damn, an SSD is an SSD. If can run a 64gb one it can most likely run a 500gb or more SSD.
Not necessarily Dolby.  Depends on how the drive is accessed by the OS... Same reason why equipment can access 64MB SDHC but not larger!

it's been changed to 128GB SSD since the initial news, and correct, you can't change this for users, but 128GB is plenty enough for expansion to start with, it should came with 40GB means looseness 20GB default library size, same quality as raw.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 12:47:48 PM by ChrisK »

Offline ChrisK

« Reply #92 on: June 17, 2017, 01:28:36 PM »

Offline Hellfire

« Reply #93 on: June 17, 2017, 10:42:40 PM »

Offline ChrisK

Offline Hellfire

« Reply #95 on: June 18, 2017, 11:35:35 AM »
http://www.mimicpro.com/

I'm guessing this is your page?

:-X  8) :D

Couple things:
How does one become a member of your forum? It isn't obvious.

Also, just a word of advice. Be careful using official logos on an unofficial site. You technically don't have the right to use a logo that isn't yours.

Offline ChrisK

« Reply #96 on: June 18, 2017, 01:38:12 PM »
http://www.mimicpro.com/

I'm guessing this is your page?

:-X  8) :D

Couple things:
How does one become a member of your forum? It isn't obvious.

Also, just a word of advice. Be careful using official logos on an unofficial site. You technically don't have the right to use a logo that isn't yours.

Top left, log in [ register]  on the blue bar. New main page logo just added. Hope you like the replica  8)

Ps: Slate team\Pearl are aware about this site\forum
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 10:04:11 PM by ChrisK »

Offline ChrisK

« Reply #97 on: June 20, 2017, 07:07:39 PM »

Offline Hellfire

« Reply #99 on: June 22, 2017, 11:25:18 AM »
New Video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7wLHPdlwkRs

Also not much longer to wait for the Mimic User manual: http://pearldrum.com/products/kits/electronic-drumsets/mimic-pro-module/#mimic-pro-manual

I think a lot of people are waiting with bated breath for this manual. I don't know if I will get this module. I want to, but I don't know if I can justify the money right now.

I also think it will be interesting to see how many people end up using it. I know a lot of long time edrummers will use it and like it, but I'm more curious about the first time users. Mainly because a lot of first time users try to dive right into VST's and get lost quite quickly. For the tech savvy the Mimic looks fairly easy to use (from watching the videos), but for those that are not use to edrums, I think it might be a challenge. I'm specifically thinking of those edrummers that don't use name brand pads and try to piece meal a kit together and don't understand the difference between piezo/piezo and piezo/switch.

Think of all the people that said "megadrum" was the best thing to come to edrums. Yet many ended up ditching it after months of not getting it to trigger well. The DITI comes to mind as well. These devices lacked the built in VST sounds of the mimic but they did offer the pad tweaking options of the mimic and most got lost trying to dial in their pads.